Women FMers

This may be slightly controversial and I am not sure how the mods will take it as a topic but if allowed I would like to know if there are many women who play FM.

My fiance absolutely hates and game and hates me playing it as she says i 'ignore her', however I do explain that i'm not ignoring her, just prioritising her for the current moment.

If you are a laydee football manager player would you like to make yourself known and perhaps some tips into how I can get my better half to enjoy the benefits of this great game.

This may be slightly controversial and I am not sure how the mods will take it as a topic but if allowed I would like to know if there are many women who play FM.

My fiance absolutely hates and game and hates me playing it as she says i 'ignore her', however I do explain that i'm not ignoring her, just prioritising her for the current moment.

If you are a laydee football manager player would you like to make yourself known and perhaps some tips into how I can get my better half to enjoy the benefits of this great game.

Not a female but my last GF loved playing the game. One previous to that threatened to throw the game in the bin lol. To add to that, previous GF hated football in general, past GF loved football as a sport, so maybe there is a correlation?

My girlfriend absolutely hates me playing the game. She jokingly says "You love it more than me.." sometimes. Sometimes I do icon_wink.gif but then we all know that a bad run or results can make you hate the game so the girlfriend is always a good option when you need to have a little break icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by golfpunk:

My girlfriend absolutely hates me playing the game. She jokingly says "You love it more than me.." sometimes. Sometimes I do icon_wink.gif but then we all know that a bad run or results can make you hate the game so the girlfriend is always a good option when you need to have a little break icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol exactly. Yesterday she was moaning for not spending time with her and my game had just autosaved. i lost the next game 4-1 and suddenly had a desperate urge to be a real man, close down my laptop straight away and snuggle up on the couch!!! That got my some brownie points and she will never know the real reason icon_wink.gif

my wife doesnt understand why i play fm so much but she leaves me at it.as you have said thank god for laptops that can smuggle up and play fm at the same time. we have a good understanding, if anything that she wants to watch on tv i play fm and then if nothing on tv for her i play ps3 and she goes onto facebook. icon_biggrin.gif

just like she doesnt understand fm i dont get facebook. icon_rolleyes.gif

My ex really didn't understand football.

Following the horrific Israel vs Ireland game where Isreal got away with one of the most hideous examples of cheating to get an Irish player sent off I was as angry as I'd ever been. She told me to "Calm down, it's only football" and I had to leave the house and go for a walk/smoke or I'd have gone crrrazy at her.

Over time I took her to games at Reading (long time goer here, still got seats on the front row, lower west, about twelve child seats away from the dugouts. We sit with the reserve/youth players usually) and explained who did what and why. She could see the managers reacting and hear staff shouting instructions.

Then I introduced her to the game I played all the time and explained why you did what on it. She eventually put herself into it as a physio, such was her love of the game.

Since we split she's not played it, but she at least understands the offside rule better then FM does now icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bod1035:

My girlfriend really hates me playing fm or on the pc in general. She only moans though when shes not watching Neighbours,Home and Away, Eastenders etc.

God i wish these programs were on all day icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If only there was a channel which showed football and soaps all day then we would all be happy.....

My wife hates FM too. She believes it 'takes me away from her' and I rightly point out her selfish attitude.

She is not able to understand that when I leap out of my big, fat leather FM arm chair and shout, either in delight or anger, that it is more than 'just a game', as she so flipantly puts it.

Just 10 minutes ago she was whining on about me not paying attention to her at all when I'm playing FM, well, at least I think she said, I wasn't listening at the time.

FM is for men, Facebook and Bounty are for women.

(My son is now 7 weeks old and loves sitting on the computer desk watching FM - another new fan, howay! .)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tlm_77:

My wife hates FM too. She believes it 'takes me away from her' and I rightly point out her selfish attitude.

She is not able to understand that when I leap out of my big, fat leather FM arm chair and shout, either in delight or anger, that it is more than 'just a game', as she so flipantly puts it.

Just 10 minutes ago she was whining on about me not paying attention to her at all when I'm playing FM, well, at least I think she said, I wasn't listening at the time.

(My son is now 7 weeks old and loves sitting on the computer desk watching FM - another new fan, howay! .) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our daughter who is 6 months loves to watch her dad playing it she tries to crawl of my lap on the sofa and press the buttons on his laptop, she even managed to finalise a contract for one of his signings. We're going to teach her it when she a little older.

I dont get these gf and wifes etc that moan at their fella for playing FM, as they wouldnt think twice about dragging you guys around the shops and get you to hold their bags. I'd prefer to play FM with my husand than go clothes shopping, if i have to go clothes shopping I go online.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic_1967's Wife:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tlm_77:

(My son is now 7 weeks old and loves sitting on the computer desk watching FM - another new fan, howay! .) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our daughter who is 6 months loves to watch her dad playing it she tries to crawl of my lap on the sofa and press the buttons on his laptop, she even managed to finalise a contract for one of his signings. We're going to teach her it when she a little older.

I dont get these gf and wifes etc that moan at their fella for playing FM, as they wouldnt think twice about dragging you guys around the shops and get you to hold their bags. I'd prefer to play FM with my husand than go clothes shopping, if i have to go clothes shopping I go online. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are the perfect fm wife, i envy your husband icon_biggrin.gif

I'm a girl and I love to play FM. Have played since 06 and got some of my friends addicted to it this year. I got grief from my ex that I played to much and what was a girl doing playing this game. Needless to say he is history. Add to the mystery I'm a yank too, what a wierd combo but I love FM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I dont get these gf and wifes etc that moan at their fella for playing FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One important thing on that is, if he wasnt playing Fm what might he be doing? (or she etc) Surey its better for them to be at home playing FM than being out in the pub or eyeing up other women etc? Which would you prefer?

Now I just need to find myself a woman who doesnt mind me playing FMN at all hours of the day hehe icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

There a some. Some even contribute to these forums. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm fairly sure I've seen posts by someone called 'Suzie MUFC'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic_1967's Wife:

I love playing FM admitedly I'm not very good, but I have it on my laptop and on my psp. I love playing with my husband and have spent hours doing so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuse me, but could you keep your personal life off the forum, thanks.

icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spanky:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not a female but my last GF </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are saying that they are not female but...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minisav:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spanky:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not a female but my last GF </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are saying that they are not female but... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\Damn it. someone beat me to that punch. icon_frown.gif

My GF doesn't understand it. She doesn't disprove of me playing it though, as I fully made it clear early in our relationship that I play computer games a LOT. She loves me who who we are. (We, being me and FM.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">She loves me who who we are. (We, being me and FM.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL icon_biggrin.gif

My missus wants me to buy a copy of the game for her to use. She tried FM06 when i got FM07 and played as Chelsea. She signed Jimmy Bullard, her favourite player, and won every game I saw her play.

She was getting annoyed with me visiting the computer room most nights so I bought her a laptop (she likes face book and all those reminiscing websites) She is happy now, so much so that the dual core processor on it makes FM08 run super quick - she now sees more of me downstairs! icon14.gif

My missus dislikes both football and gaming. Quite often I get comments such as "you would think it's all real...". She does tolerate my love of football and computer gaming though. No choice really icon_wink.gif What we do though is make the time to explore our wonderful surroundings in Granada. That always keeps the peace. icon14.gif

Thank goodness for all the crap that's on TV that she loves to watch, the soaps and of course, the usual "One&OnlyXfactoreWhilstDancingOnIceSinging&PrancingAroundWithoutAnyTalent" type garbage. I consider myself quite fortunate that we can get Sky TV in Spain...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jehanzeb:

WoW... FM players have girlfriend and wives... and not the ones just in their heads.... heheehe

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like you haven't.

My wife doesn't indulge herself, but she does have an appreciation of the fact that no FM means I talk all the way through CSI.

Just from listening to me talk about the game over the last fifteen-odd years has gifted her with an encyclopaedic knowledge of world football that she uses in womanly spite to annoy her male work colleagues.

She still doesn't understand the offside rule though.

The dog, on the other hand, hasn't had a decent walk for ages. Are your pets suffering for your love of FM?

icon_smile.gif

I dont have any GFs currently but My sisters absolutely hate FM, in fact, I am the only one in my family who loves the game.

They always ask me why I get so emotional about the dots running across the screen.. (sometimes I get emotional, wouldn't you hate it if you lost the game that could have auto-promoted you by Goal differece!!! icon_cool.gif )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Suma:

I dont have any GFs currently but My sisters absolutely hate FM, in fact, I am the only one in my family who loves the game.

They always ask me why I get so emotional about the dots running across the screen.. (sometimes I get emotional, wouldn't you hate it if you lost the game that could have auto-promoted you by Goal differece!!! icon_cool.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why don't you ask them about why they get so emotional watching certain TV shows. Aren't those just dots moving around a screen, when it comes down to it?

My wife bought me FM08 on my Bday. I almost cried. LOL.

Me and my son play FM. My wife gets the idea what the game is about, but prefers to do the dishes then playing "that managing game".

As long as my son does his homework and sleep on time, then its all good for her. She thinks FM is also good for me...

Cuz it keeps me off the booze. LOL

My wife says exactly what my Parents used to say about the game when I lived with them which was "You don't do anything on it?" And no matter how much I try and explain all the different things there is to do they just cant understand, the Wife isnt the biggest fan of me playing the game either says I dont pay her any attention when Im on it, so nowadays I limit my playing time on it.

But onto the main topic I have never met a Female who has liked it or played the game even the ones who are football fans

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by outremer:

The dog, on the other hand, hasn't had a decent walk for ages. Are your pets suffering for your love of FM? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why I have cats. icon_wink.gif

I employ good training and tactics with my missus icon_wink.gif

In the early weeks of the marriage she gave me the old "it's her [FM] or me" line, but she's tamed down now.

Firstly, I give her the old "working late at the office dear" (I've heard some guys use that excuse for some other purpose).

Secondly I explain that we have no financial worries since I spend nothing on this addiction.

Thirdly, the alternative would be going to the bars and here in Cambodia no wife would prefer that - it ain't like Engerland, you know.

Er, no I'm not a woman FMer icon_redface.gif

Archived