Does The Ai Learn Your Tactic?

I've heard this on the forums, but does it actually happen because if it does is'nt it a bit unrealistic i mean does Fergy or Wenger completely change the tactic's every 5 games because the Ai has worked out a way of nulifying 3 world class players? Bit silly i think but would'nt surprise me

It's a myth since the early days of CM that AI managers do counter your tactics, if you use them for a very long time. I think there is just a random factor in the game, which makes the same tactic not that effective over several seasons.

If you take into consideration the conditions which vary every few months, such as weather, morale, league position, general happiness then they also are bound play a part in results.

In my tactics, i play a slow passing game and depending on opponents i play different ways of going forward. either run onto if their defenders are slow. they should then use a lower defensive line which means i can take advantage of that with my midfield. basically if you take advantage of their weaknesses (which vary hugely between teams) you can beat anyone.

If you vary slightly each game they won't have a set thing to learn.

There is some truth to the 'AI learns your tactics' but in a believable way. In your first season they've never played you as a manager before and tend to be quite attacking. If you have a good 1st season, the next season they'll be more wary and play more defensively, possibly leading to a '2nd season syndrome' if you don't adapt. That's more about adapting to your reputation rather than specific tactics really.

so basically you like a real easy game that you can buy, spend a few hours playing, complete and then whine about how short and easy it was, or brag to your "mates" how quickly you completed the game

those games are boring and a waste of money, football manager is a test of strategy and intelligence with a more sophisticated tactics system than any other football or sports game around. i'd like to see you come up with a better system while you constantly have people such as yourself claiming that it isnt and that its too hard

just suck it up and learn, push yourself to be better and try to win a game, rather than consign yourself to defeat and blame it on the game...

so basically you like a real easy game that you can buy, spend a few hours playing, complete and then whine about how short and easy it was, or brag to your "mates" how quickly you completed the game

those games are boring and a waste of money, football manager is a test of strategy and intelligence with a more sophisticated tactics system than any other football or sports game around. i'd like to see you come up with a better system while you constantly have people such as yourself claiming that it isnt and that its too hard

just suck it up and learn, push yourself to be better and try to win a game, rather than consign yourself to defeat and blame it on the game...

Oh yeah, because we all have hours upon hours to spend on a game (yes a game, oh which is for "leisure" time (in my case not many hours))

fair point.

is it the 09 engine you don't like or in previous versions aswell?

Its the last two versions, it took me a long time to get going on FM 2008. I just think this is far too time consuming and frankly really challenging to ensure you hold on to a win against a crapier team, you can control the whole game and be winning by 2 or 3 then if you dont tweak around a certain time then your team loses all sense of how to pass and tackle (causing you to end up drawing or better still losing when they have had their first shot in 90 mins)

Archived