Why the pause in the cup draw?

I'd prefer it if your team was always shown last in draws (they'd be drawn as normal, it just wouldnt show you that particular draw until the end).

Not realistic I know, but would definitly add to the suspense.

Which is why nowadays I've given up drawing individual teams and just draw the whole thing at once.

That's what I do in the early rounds when there are a zillion teams left. In the later rounds, if my team is still in it (which isn't often), I'll draw each team individually to add to the suspense.

I'd prefer it if your team was always shown last in draws (they'd be drawn as normal, it just wouldnt show you that particular draw until the end).

Not realistic I know, but would definitly add to the suspense.

But then you would know who your against before your "drawn out", since it would have the 2 undrawn teams at the bottom...you and opposition, so it wouldnt realy add to the suspense.

In 08 it also did that whenever you miss a penalty in a penalty shoot out, always ruined the suspense.

Owen runs up to take his kick, GOAL FOR NEWCASTLE!!!!!!!

Torres steps up, GOAL FOR LIVERPOOL!!!!!

Martins puts the ball on the spot, .............. *sigh*...., It's saved!

I haven't noticed it in 09 because I use 3d mode and only used commentary in 08, but it could still be the same.

The pause doesn't make any difference. Think about it. If your team's name appeared immediately, you'd know you'd been drawn immediately. But if you get the pause... you still know immediately. You just get told by a pause rather than seeing your team's name. Really doesn't make any difference. You're still finding out at exactly the same moment as you would without the pause.

In 08 it also did that whenever you miss a penalty in a penalty shoot out, always ruined the suspense.

Owen runs up to take his kick, GOAL FOR NEWCASTLE!!!!!!!

Torres steps up, GOAL FOR LIVERPOOL!!!!!

Martins puts the ball on the spot, .............. *sigh*...., It's saved!

I haven't noticed it in 09 because I use 3d mode and only used commentary in 08, but it could still be the same.

Can't say I ever remember seeing that. I'm still playing FM08 on my Mac laptop (09 on my PC) so I'll have to have a look.

It's still annoying though. There's no real reason for it, is there?

How is it annoying?! It's affects the game in no way, except you see your team's name about a second later than you'd expect. Like I said, you still find out you've been drawn at exactly the moment you should.

Some people will complain about anything. :rolleyes:

It delays nothing! That's the point! Nothing is delayed. Okay, there's a one second delay on seeing your team's name appear. One second! Just how busy are you that that is a problem?! "It delays everything needlessly". What kind of a statement is that?

And you ignore my original point. You get the necessary information exactly when you should because the pause is the equivalent of the team's name appearing immediately anyway!

It's annoying because there's no reason for it to happen and it just delays everything needlessly. Which is why I no longer draw a team at a time.

If you're annoyed about a 1 second delay, I'd hate to see what you're like waiting for a tube/train/filling you car with petrol :D

Reminds me of the people I saw running for trains on the Rome metro even though the next one is always four minutes away during the day.

I had the same experience in the same city actually, it also happens on the underground in London. It's wasn't a good idea to try and barge past me whilst I was pushing my son in his pushchair, his ankles must have been sore for a few hours :D

I was astonished by how well the Rome metro runs. Reliable and fast. Not enough lines, though. And very crowded.

I'd rather be on the metro than the streets, bloody drivers dont care about pedestrians! At least not when I was there anyway...on second thoughts maybe it was just me, I was probably wearing a Southampton top at the time. :D

No, the traffic was like nothing I've ever experienced. Crossing the street is a death defying act! And you know what? I loved it. I just loved the energy and buzz of the place. Shame about the graffiti, though.

Archived