Goalkeeper Distribution - does it not work?

No matter what I try, 95% of the time my keeper boots the ball all the way up the field to the smallest man on my team. Oba Martins. Now the guy can do many a thing, but out jumping huge defenders Target Man style is not one of them.

Given is set to short passing/quick throws or, more often than not, to distribute to a specific defender.

Why oh why do keepers not follow this distribution setting? I just cannot seem to make it work with any consistency. Is it broken or am I stupidly forgetting something here?

No matter what I try, 95% of the time my keeper boots the ball all the way up the field to the smallest man on my team. Oba Martins. Now the guy can do many a thing, but out jumping huge defenders Target Man style is not one of them.

Given is set to short passing/quick throws or, more often than not, to distribute to a specific defender.

Why oh why do keepers not follow this distribution setting? I just cannot seem to make it work with any consistency. Is it broken or am I stupidly forgetting something here?

I agree, the goalkeepers seem to kick the ball long way too much (resulting in a lot of goals for the opposition might I add) and they dont seem to follow your instructions no matter what you tell them, this is by far the weakest part of the match engine which is funny because games like fifa have always had ******** goal keepers so maybe the coding of the goalkeepers is the hardest part, I dont know, but its definately a problem and one that should be looked at.

It's probably because they CAN'T follow your instructions. Check your mentality settings - if there is a big gap between GK and defenders he doesn't have the option to roll it out to your chosen defender, or throw to a player in space, thus booting it upfield is his only option.

In short, it's your tactics!

It's probably because they CAN'T follow your instructions. Check your mentality settings - if there is a big gap between GK and defenders he doesn't have the option to roll it out to your chosen defender, or throw to a player in space, thus booting it upfield is his only option.

In short, it's your tactics!

That would make sense - but it doesnt seem to work that way.

When playing attacking (defence pushed up) he sometimes throws the ball out. When playing away from home, and I've asked him to throw it out or pass to specific defender (who happens to be a lot closer because I'm playing deep) he'll boot it right up the field :-/

That's fair enough - but my main concern is when every player is waiting for my keeper to release the ball. i.e. they are all standing in their positions across the field, and at this point is he considered under pressure?

Archived