Experiencing problems with 9.2.0? Read this:

for a start i want to say that i've been playing this game since mid sixties (sorry nomis;)) and there's no chance i could be wrong about what i'm going to tell you... i decided to start this thread just to show how things changed after i started A NEW GAME on 9.2.0. eventhough SI say the patches are save game compatible, that wasn't my experience in this case. i hope this post could encourege you to start a new game.

after i installed new patch, i continued to play on my save and all seemed very weird to me, especially my matches where i felt no tactical control over things. players were behaving strangly, their movement was slow - it seemed like they tuned down player movement a lot, also the match in general felt very slow and confusing. i couldn't believe that this is the new patch.

than i decided to start a new game after seeing people have totally differnet feelings about this new patch, remebering last year's similar issues and some discussion in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=83407

i'll just say that i was very plesently surprised from what i witnesed in my matches, it was totally different ME feeling. i don't want to talk too much about it's changes, i'll jut state how i think you can recognise 'the real 920' patch (assuming you're playing saved game on new patch):

the most important change is that ball physics has changed a lot. especially long passes are played at very fast speed, something i haven't seen in any FM before and i must say it feels exellant, almost perfect. i'm not 100% sure (just 99%) but i don't think i remeber that on my continued game which felt slooow... player speed seems quite as it was on 910 and faster than in 920 'fake'.

becouse of the ball speed there are more mistakes in passing and anticipating things of course. but players don't act stupidly, these are type of mistakes that happen IRL a lot and add to the realism. it's a positive thing. player ability is more important and obvious, it feels realistic indeed, defently not confusing like in fake 920.

it looks like sliders were tweaked a lot also. passing will seem strange at first but it's an exellant change. closing down is very obvious thing to notice. it's tweaked so it's much more effective and realistic. players could be behaving aggresive and will sprint towards opponent unlike in 910 or fake 92.

i don't want to say the game is now perfect but it is a big improvement from 910. there are probably quite some other things i could add to this ME differences in 920 and the fake one. and i will post them later probably. if anyone wants to add something it would be welcomed.

• SI Staff

I am delighted you are enjoying the game but some of the stuff you describe simply has to be some sort of placebo effect.

For a start, the match engine wont be different according to whether you start a new game, and also, the stuff about pass speed and player speed - sorry, I just dont think things have changed noticeably in either area!

:)

I have to agree with the op in 1 respect to passing, you can now tell the diffirence a lot easier between a low whipped in cross and a high floated one. However as to players running I'm glad to see that the players suddenly being able to run at superhuman speed when a winger is 1 on 1 with the opposition fb has been sorted, but my players running pace seems to be pretty much as it ws b4 the patch.;)

whether it is a placebo effect i don't know, of course how would i, i'm just saying what i'm seeing. since you're the man in charge of ME we'll just need to believe you.

i'm kind of disapinted what you say about ball speed, it's something i wished for a long time and now you're saying i'm imagening it ;) it must have been the effect of a 'fake 920'.

one thing i forgot to add in my first post is that i noticed i my new game on 92, there's missing my motivation screan when i play match. i'm not sure if it is a part of ME or something alse but in my continued save, that screan was still there...

one thing i forgot to add in my first post is that i noticed i my new game on 92, there's missing my motivation screan when i play match. i'm not sure if it is a part of ME or something alse but in my continued save, that screan was still there...

Which screen you are talking about ? Not quite understanding.

Hvala lipa :)

The thing that really annoys the hell out of me, is that before the patch, and after the patch I had the same tactics, before any monetions this... and the opposition was of similar ranking...

Before, I would get maybe 10-15 shots, 5-9 on target, maybe 1-3 CCC.

After, I got two over 20, nearly 30 shots, with under 5 on target both times, over 4 CCC's on both I believe.

But I scored more before, yes it could be chance, could be the team taking a dip in form... but logically I do not believe it. Coincidentally, I am more fluent in passing, scoring less, while creating more, and the opposition scoring more!

Im not one to complain, in fact, since well CM 01/02 I haven't complained once, but now im getting quite irritated. I like the game, even the annoyingly repetitive press conferences (have something different than.. Agree, Slightly Agree, Disagree and Strongly Disagree), even though i rarely appear at them these days. This version is by far the most bugged, yet I personally do not believe there was massive advances in the game, apart from the 3D, which I personally do not use.

The thing that really annoys the hell out of me, is that before the patch, and after the patch I had the same tactics, before any monetions this... and the opposition was of similar ranking...

Before, I would get maybe 10-15 shots, 5-9 on target, maybe 1-3 CCC.

After, I got two over 20, nearly 30 shots, with under 5 on target both times, over 4 CCC's on both I believe.

But I scored more before, yes it could be chance, could be the team taking a dip in form... but logically I do not believe it. Coincidentally, I am more fluent in passing, scoring less, while creating more, and the opposition scoring more!

Im not one to complain, in fact, since well CM 01/02 I haven't complained once, but now im getting quite irritated. I like the game, even the annoyingly repetitive press conferences (have something different than.. Agree, Slightly Agree, Disagree and Strongly Disagree), even though i rarely appear at them these days. This version is by far the most bugged, yet I personally do not believe there was massive advances in the game, apart from the 3D, which I personally do not use.

This 100% exactly the same I've witnessed after the patch. I'm creating much more, often getting over 20 chances with a good 6-7 CCC, even against strong opposition. But my finishing has become appalling. My strikers always hit the target, but too weak, too near the goalkeeper, much like when he gives a backpass to his own goalkeeper. I rarely score from easy chances now. Meanwhile, the opposition has become EXTREMELY clinical, finishing almost every CCC, which they manage to create a few of each match as my defenders seem much worse than before. Which all leads me to often draw or lose games I completely dominated in terms of possession and chances.

wasn't that more of a problem with 910? did you satrt a neww game or continued?

My strikers didn't score a lot of easy chances on 9.1.0 either indeed. I thought SI would maybe make them a bit more clinical but now I'm getting even more chances and scoring even less, so the end result is it's a lot worse than 9.1.0. A continued save, but that's no excuse.

Archived