why on earth has this not been fixed for 4 years?!

When my player takes a knock, he goes a shade of orange and has a little red cross logo above his head on the 2d match engine.. I check his stats and his condition is normally around 60%, its almost certain that I take the player off as to avoid further injury. Why is it that if an opponent gets a knock and has the same little icon above their head, their condition barely ever drops or is fine? I just had Gerrard take a knock against me in the 5th minute, he played the full 90 and scored, and his condition finished ABOVE most of my players who played a full 90. Its been like this for every FM I care to remember and it is a joke.

If you let your players play through (I never used to do this but have increasingly done so on FM09 9.2.0) it's quite possible they won't be injured post-match. Could just be a little niggle.

it doesnt always effect players condition greatly.

i would take a player off if he went down to the 60's but i would leave him on if he was close in condition to the rest of the team. it's all about judging the situation sometimes you'll worsen it sometimes they will run it off.

While we're talking about injuries, why is it that a player can't play with a sprained wrist? I fractured a wrist as a kid and still played the next game, albeit with a splint on my wrist. But in FM, a player hurts a hand and he can't play.

Doesn't seem realistic to me.

I'd argue it's the same IRL. Even outfield players don't play with wrist injuries nowadays.

Well, fair enough then. This was quite a few years ago when I was a kid, and it was also a youth league game and not a professional one.

It still annoys me though. :p

as for the knock issue i usually watch the inj'd player (fatigue usually rises) when his fatigue finally begins to drop i sub him just for cautious sake. if he gets the knock in the 5th minute like the op said the said player usually doesn't get to play to halftime because he usually tops out around 35-40 or so.

The irritating one for me is, your player has a bit of treatment on the sidelines after a knock, is able to play the rest of the match and is then out for 3-4 weeks lol. It's like it couldn't be that bad surely, he kept playing with sideline treatment at 90% condition.

The irritating one for me is, your player has a bit of treatment on the sidelines after a knock, is able to play the rest of the match and is then out for 3-4 weeks lol. It's like it couldn't be that bad surely, he kept playing with sideline treatment at 90% condition.

Was just about to post exact same thing. I take them off as a precaution usually, and they could have finished the game off, yet get put in the treatment room for 2 months.

It depends on the knock they have taken and as stated above alot of players can shake them off. Main problem is that you cant find out what kind of knock the player has, for instance I wouldnt take off a player if he has just a cut on his face, leg. But if he has a strain and what not then I would as it could develop into a long term injury.

I am never sure if I should take someone off if they have a knock, if it would help them treat their injury earlier instead of aggravating the injury. This is definitely an area of improvement or clarification in FM.

I am never sure if I should take someone off if they have a knock, if it would help them treat their injury earlier instead of aggravating the injury. This is definitely an area of improvement or clarification in FM.

FM09 gives us assman feedback; maybe FM10 could give us physio feedback :)

But for that to happen, the FA has to approve the casts. This isn't built in game yet.

i would say if a player was important enough to the team then they would play with a sprained wrist or whatever. and it shouldnt have any effect on their overall fitness.

Archived