Christmas - Setting Up Advice

This christmas Santa will be very kindly delivering me FootMan09 which I have been looking forward for a while now, if im lucky. And as i have been searching these boards for a bit now , Im slightly worried how its all going to turn out. So my questions include,

Whats the best way to set it up - Steam, Phone, Other?

How long does it take to set up?

Do you need to internet to run it?

Anything else needed for the game to run?

Any help much appreciated , Merry Christmas to you all!

It all depends on you which method you set it up with. If you want to have the game patched immediately go with steam as when you've registered and it loads in your game it will be patched. It doesn't take long to set up only 10 mins or so. Internet isn't needed to run it.

Hope this helps

Merry Christmas

you don't have to use the internet to use the steam method. use this one. once installed go to computer then your operating program. Go into Program files, steam, Steamapps, common, football manager. when you get there make a shortcut of the FM09 application and move it to the desktop. this enables you to play without being connected to the net.

If i do install the patch before santa gets stuck down my chimney , when i set up the game do i need to do something or will it just be patched automatically?

don't install patch until you have installed the game, just download it ready for use unless you are going to use steam

This christmas Santa will be very kindly delivering me FootMan09 which I have been looking forward for a while now, if im lucky. And as i have been searching these boards for a bit now , Im slightly worried how its all going to turn out. So my questions include,

Whats the best way to set it up - Steam, Phone, Other?

How long does it take to set up?

Do you need to internet to run it?

Anything else needed for the game to run?

Any help much appreciated , Merry Christmas to you all!

I am also asking for it for Christmas Cant Wait

you could also go ahead and download new patch so it's ready to install after santa arrives
I would go with encore 69's advice and download the 9.2.0 patch and the editor 1.1 patch before christmas day so that you are ready for when you get the game. As I have already done. :)

i've just read that lots of people have had problems with steam

That's because a lot of people are confused and are under the impression that STEAM has been the cause of their problems when it was actually Uniloc.

It's a personal preference thing.

If you're not massively technical and would like the ease of Steam updating the game automatically for you, then use it.

Otherwise, Uniloc online is pretty straightforward to use but if you want patches you'll have to locate and download them yourself.

Both pretty simple to be honest, I could handle them...:)

Ok thaanks everyone again, making xmas all much the better for me , god bless you! Were could i get the two patches MadGamer?
They are located at the top of the forum, but just in case you dont see them, here they are:

9.1.0 - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60961

9.2.0 - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=82282

Editor 1.1 - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60961

as already said steam will automatically install patches for you. Personally I used uniloc. installed and activated in about 10 mins. There is a "button" on the fm09 main menu screen that links you straight to the latest patch therefore i see no need for steam. You don't need to download editor patch 1.1 as it is incorporated into patch 9.2.0.

Archived