FM Genie Scout

I believe it shows the CA (current ability) and PA (Potential ability) of any selected player. I have never used it but it is good to find wonder-kids

Basically.

It just lets you scour through the entire database to find players based on whatever criteria you want. It's most useful to find young players with high potentials, though, as stated above.

If you like finding talented youth and bringing them through the ranks, and you don't mind cheating, then yes, it's worth downloading. I like developing the best of the youth, so it adds a little fun to my game.

I wouldn't call it cheating, your scouts can do the same job, this is more of a shortcut.

For the OP, I would reccomend it, it allows you to see the pros and cons of the players, like bad game fitness, poor in the air, etc etc.

I wouldn't call it cheating, your scouts can do the same job, this is more of a shortcut.

For the OP, I would reccomend it, it allows you to see the pros and cons of the players, like bad game fitness, poor in the air, etc etc.

Eh, I sort of consider it cheating. In a season or two, I can have the majority of the best players in the world and can dominate football for years to come. To me, that's cheating. I don't mind the cheating though, since it makes the game a little more enjoyable for me.

It all depends how you use it, sure if you set the potential ability to 170+ and find players that way then I suppose it could be classed as cheating, but you still have to develop them players, leave them in the reserves and they won't amount to much.

If you use it if your a lower league club and found a defender you can't scout for whatever reason, then I think its more than acceptable, all depends how you want to play the game.

ITs pretty much cheating no matter how you look at it.

Ive made my club super rich - i scout out almost every new regen in the major leagues every year and sign about 50 new players (220 players at the club so far!) and i develop the best of them.

I just fired up genescout and looked at the most recent crop of players - using my system i missed 3 players with potentials over 180 and i signed 30 crap players and 20 alright-excellent ones. I could have saved myself 20+million and used half that to buy the other excellent players.

So far as I can see, its cheating and i only did it to see how effective my scoutting methods where (and i was quite proud of them to say the least!)

Buying 220 players to make a profit just sounds rediculous, no team in the world would do that (if of course the point of you not using genie scout is for realism reasons).

At which point did I say i was buying 220 players to make a profit?

I buy the best players (the ones my scouts reccomend as quailiy or 5+ stars) every year from the ages of 16-18.

Its not done to 'make profit' i couldnt do it for the first few years anyway because it cost too much - i do it to try and get the best players right from the start and see how good I can make my team without being forced to buy £40+ million world class players and developing my own team.

7 years on and almost all my team is regens or youth players from the newcastle youth team.

Edit - as we speak my 'youth team' is currently in the semi finals of both the fa cup and league cup. Thats what im looking for - the arsenal youth teams.

How can you say buying 220 players is not for profit? of course it is, you can't play them all, so 90% of them your going to sell, you're youth policy is something even Chelski wouldn't even think about.

No - i wont play them all - they cost about £100,000 a year each in wages, i pay out nearly £20 mil a year in top class coaching wages and nearly £10 million in scouts wages. On top of that each one costs about £2-3 million.

In the end i sell even the best ones that I dont want to keep for about £5million.

Over all, I make a loss on each player I sell - the only 'profit' i make is that the players i keep and turn into world class players only 'cost' me £2-3million, rather than £20-40 million.

Depending on how you run your coaching system, either way your maths doesnt make sense, you only need 7 decent coaches, with a 7 star rating.

Even so, you could use 14 coaches if you include a youth setup, what kind of wages are you paying yours?

I have 7 Coaches on around £4-5k a week, and 7 Youth coaches on around £500-750 a week, all at 7 stars. So even at the top end of my calculations, my coaching comes to £250k for youth and £1.6 mil for first team, less than £2,000,000 for my entire setup, so your figures are either exagerated or bad business sense.

I have 5 scouts on about £1k a week, so again, doing the maths about £250k for top scouts, giving a grand total of 2.25 million per year.

Depending on how you run your coaching system, either way your maths doesnt make sense, you only need 7 decent coaches, with a 7 star rating.

Even so, you could use 14 coaches if you include a youth setup, what kind of wages are you paying yours?

I have 7 Coaches on around £4-5k a week, and 7 Youth coaches on around £500-750 a week, all at 7 stars. So even at the top end of my calculations, my coaching comes to £250k for youth and £1.6 mil for first team, less than £2,000,000 for my entire setup, so your figures are either exagerated or bad business sense.

I have 5 scouts on about £1k a week, so again, doing the maths about £250k for top scouts, giving a grand total of 2.25 million per year.

In order to keep my coaching to light - i need 21 coaches - i certainly cant get any 7* coaches for 400 week - all of mine are on 8K+

I also have 25 scouts on between 1K and 11k each

Just search the stats you want in a coach, and they will show up most likely at no club with no rep, around 30 years old, I was skeptical at first about signing unknown coaches but at the end of the day they are 7 stars, cheap, get better, no compensation needs paying and their repuatation rises quite quickly.

Archived