Most draws in a single league season?

AI comebacks happen far too often imo, especially in stoppage time. Can get really irritating. Only real way to avoid it is imo go 3-0 up. Seemingly every time I lead 2-0 I draw 2-2.

So you've never one by more than 1-0 then? :D

To get to 3-0 you have to be 2-0 up afterall :p

That kind of seasons tends to suck, because there's nothing you can really do, other than try and score more (usually the draws are low scoring so defence isn't a problem). Except in your example where you won promotion, loads of draws usually means the season is anti-climactic.

Hehe it's rare for me to be the one pointing things out. I'm actually surprised I didn't get some sort of offensive comeback, having been on these forums for 4 years, you kind of expect it everytime you post.

That is such a sexist, bigoted comment!

:D;)

. . .

On topic, my record was 19 draws in a season; I typically play solid defense and see a lot of 0-0 and 1-1 results.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice. I've got 15 draws with 14 left to play. Fingers crossed for these incredibly frustrating draws to keep rolling in. While they have me stuck in mid-table, at least I can get a record out of it.

Looking around the league table, many clubs are getting lots of draws. Any thoughts that maybe there are too many draws out there?

I've got 15 through 32 matches. One other team can match that. A bunch are in the 10-14 range already.

Looking around the league table, many clubs are getting lots of draws. Any thoughts that maybe there are too many draws out there?

I've got 15 through 32 matches. One other team can match that. A bunch are in the 10-14 range already.

Halve the numbers. If one match has a draw, then two teams will be getting +1 in the draw column. You've contributed to it too.

On my Man City save, after 26 games, I was 22 Wins, 0 Draws, and 4 Losses.

Now, with 30 games gone, I'm at 22 Wins, 4 Draws and 4 Losses.

I've had 4 1-1 draws in a row, all at home(two were in-hand, the other two were regular fixtures).

It's shocking, to be honest. My team have become too complacent, when it matters most.

My record, however, is 11.

Coincidentally, 10 of them were in a row. =S

This was on 08.

My record for 09 is 4(see above ;P).

Halve the numbers. If one match has a draw, then two teams will be getting +1 in the draw column. You've contributed to it too.

So cut my numbers in half? Don't get that logic. I'm now up to 17 in 34 matches. I know that you can get losing and winning streaks that build momentum. Are draw streaks built into game as well?

*facepalm*

For example:

A bunch are in the 10-14 range already.

So for two teams with say 12 draws, they have had 12 drawn matches on average rather than 24 overall as one other team will have been involved, thus increasing both teams' draw numbers. Now, across the whole league the draw count will be halved as two teams with the draw will have played one match with a draw, rather than two. Unlike with a match with a victory, where seperate columns are influenced.

*facepalm*

For example:

So for two teams with say 12 draws, they have had 12 drawn matches on average rather than 24 overall as one other team will have been involved, thus increasing both teams' draw numbers. Now, across the whole league the draw count will be halved as two teams with the draw will have played one match with a draw, rather than two. Unlike with a match with a victory, where seperate columns are influenced.

No, I get that it adds to both team's columns. Just don't get how that is connected with my question as to whether there are too many draws. It can explain league-wide numbers, but not my teams numbers. I don't need to cut mine in half, and I'm drawing half of my league games over nearly a full season.

20 is that all ;).

http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=katarian22drawsdd6.jpg

The team could barely score a goal, but the defence was generally watertight. Except against Reading, they put 9 past me and I scored 6 in return. I can'topen teh records post for some reason otherwise I might post my mediocrity over there.

Ah, thanks for that. A nice warm feeling knowing that someone out there is struggling worse than I am.

Ah, thanks for that. A nice warm feeling knowing that someone out there is struggling worse than I am.

Would it hurt much if I mentioned I won the league the very next season with a record points total (108) and jsut missing out on the goal record? All despite the fact that after confirming the championship was in the bag I played a reserve team of 17-18 yr olds for the final 8 matches. Exactly the same tactics used but I actually managed to get in 3 great strikers on free transfers.

Would it hurt much if I mentioned I won the league the very next season with a record points total (108) and jsut missing out on the goal record? All despite the fact that after confirming the championship was in the bag I played a reserve team of 17-18 yr olds for the final 8 matches. Exactly the same tactics used but I actually managed to get in 3 great strikers on free transfers.

Sure. I know it will pass. With the same squad and same tactics in previous season, I had no problems with draws. Just moaning. And for my moans now those draws are turning into losses the past 3 matches. Apparently I've angered the football gods.

Wow, and I was annoyed when I finished 2nd in League 1 with Lincoln in my recently completed season 3 with 18 draws. My team was a defensive-minded one allowing only 35-or so goals and scoring only 55-ish. I had LOTS of 0-0 results against the stronger teams on the road (which I was happy about). All those draws really helped me get promoted, so it's appropriate that I finished the season with a 1-1 draw away to Bradford City, courtesy of a 76th minute header from a corner. Made it by 1 point - 83 points.

They game is very conscious that the Serie A is a "low-scoring" league. I'm in my 3rd season with Udinese and I've noticed that there are many, many 1-0 games and draws -- even between teams with big gaps in skill. I drew 13 games last season and finished in 3rd place. I had the fewest losses in the league by far, only 3, but won 22 and drew 13!! Parma had 16.

First season 11 of 20 teams had more than 10 draws and Catania had 18!

I think there's an argument here for 9.0.2 overrating the Serie A as a low-scoring league.

Interesting. Scoring isn't a problem in my league, so that's not where the draws are coming from. Holding a 1 goal lead late is, or having an AI team charge back from 2-0 down at half to tie it. I'd say around 10 of my draws were from last minute AI goals to tie it up. Around 5 I did the same to AI with a late goal. I'm sure I need a better defensive tactic at the end of games, but I'm too stubborn. I refuse to believe that when teams go to a 4-2-4 to try to get a late goal that it would open up the kind of chances the AI gets. With that many players around the 18 yard box things would get really swamped in real life, with CCCs and open space really hard to come by. But the AI gets constant break aways and clear chances with this tactic with nobody around to challnege them. Plus, where is my midfield? It's 4 on 2 in the midfield, shouldn't they be dominating the middle of the park? Stupid tactic that would never work, or even try to be implemented in real life. 4-2-4? Honestly? Wouldn't they take of a defender and push him up front or into midfield before taking away 2 midfielders?

Archived