away games

seems 9.2.0 screwed up another release. i loose around 90 % of my away games now and win all of my home games. at home i often have less chances and score most of them and away its often the other way around. i havent changed my tactics, in 9.1.0 i uses to win around 80 % at home and 50% away. it doesnt matter what i change my tactics to, the results remain the same.

i like the new engine etc, but it seems the last good football manager you guys made was 2007. 2008 was a pure debacle so i stopped playin it and this starts too loose its fun with all the away losses. i have been a loyal customer since championship manager 2 and i really dont understand why the last 2 titles were that bugged. i admit you took a step forward from 2008 and apart of this bug i am relatively happy with the title, but this bug is so massive it almost ruins the game.

please fix this

uehmm thats why i stated i havent changed tactics, but just continued my game in the same way and the results totally turned.

hi mirrorkisser,

I understand your question, but this isnt the problem here, the forum user are the problem, with answering your questions.

I have a general problem with away games and I asked 10 times for help, but I hadnt become a usefull reply, at the most time, nobody answered to me.

Can you recommend me a advice how to play in away games, doesnt matter with which team?

thanks

I have to call BS on the opposition knowing your tactics and making them void.

I have complained as much as the next guy about the tactics and how to play the game,I have started and gave up on more teams than I care to remember in this edtion but I have at last came across a tactic and formation were I am having fun,the funny thing is it wasnt that hard it would seem.

I got a good bunch of player's together for my QPR side,I took my time to set maybe 5 players to what I wanted them to do and the rest was set to team,now after the time spent on those player's all I ever do for home/away games is the attacking and how I pass,nothing more.

I play a 3-5-2(5 across the middle)and have done really well,well at least I think so,I got promoted and have just finished 12th in the Premiership on my 1st try.

If I could give any advice it would be to keep it simple and not try to have 3 or 4 tactics but to have 1 tactic that you change the team tactic from maybe a home slightly attack to an away alittle more defensive and keep players set to there tactics,ofc if you play say Man utd then maybe use the more team defensive tactic.

To basically sum up dont chop and change,find a tactic and stick with it and only adjust team tactics when needs must.

you just need to go a bit more defensive away from home, unless you are a big team. at home teams will try to press foreward to please their fans. drop back more, make the game tighter and play more counter attacking. use fast strikers and find out opposition weaknesses from scout reports.

This thread is a prize example of why i steer clear of GQ most of the time.

Helpful.

As most have said, away games will be harder. Try to adjust your game to your opponents. If they control the ball and bear down on you, consider the counter attack. If they blitz you, try controlling possession more.

Good luck :)

cheers for some constructive help. still strugglin. at least i manage to beat the average teams in away games sometimes. but i havent beaten any above average team away over almost two seasons now. tried all sort of tactics. just like i loose them away i win them at home. i havent lost any game at home over 2 seasons now and hardly conceed any goals. only like 2 or 3 draws at home against europes best teams. and they sometimes have way more shots and possesion than me in the home game, just as my team has lots of chances and struggles to score away and scores me 3-4 average in home games.

sorry vandamme, my statement was not very precise, what i wanted to say is that although i kept the same tactics as before the patch with which i was pretty succesfull, after patching the results totally turned and i am screwed in my away games.

i think some of the tweaks they have done to the engine might have been to heavy. i posted this in the bug section and the thread was closed immediately, but i still think its a bug. it was like that during fm 2008 for one patch aswell. just the final patch got this on a normal level again.

arghh, i know its christmas, but this really starts to **** me off big time!!! no matter whether i play all out attack, ultra defensive and counter attack or a middle thing...formation doesnt matter either, its just impossible to beat above average teams in away games. should i lead close to end they at least equalize 95th minute etc(another silly bug, each game at least 5 mins over time)

SI plz do something!!

lmao, although i have only 2 draws and 4 losses out of the 6 last away games, i am still no. 11 on away form in team stats.so the ai teams struggle partly aswell. would love to go back to 9.1. if it wouldnt have another ton of bugs.

cheers for some constructive help. still strugglin. at least i manage to beat the average teams in away games sometimes. but i havent beaten any above average team away over almost two seasons now. tried all sort of tactics. just like i loose them away i win them at home. i havent lost any game at home over 2 seasons now and hardly conceed any goals. only like 2 or 3 draws at home against europes best teams. and they sometimes have way more shots and possesion than me in the home game, just as my team has lots of chances and struggles to score away and scores me 3-4 average in home games.

sorry vandamme, my statement was not very precise, what i wanted to say is that although i kept the same tactics as before the patch with which i was pretty succesfull, after patching the results totally turned and i am screwed in my away games.

i think some of the tweaks they have done to the engine might have been to heavy. i posted this in the bug section and the thread was closed immediately, but i still think its a bug. it was like that during fm 2008 for one patch aswell. just the final patch got this on a normal level again.

arghh, i know its christmas, but this really starts to **** me off big time!!! no matter whether i play all out attack, ultra defensive and counter attack or a middle thing...formation doesnt matter either, its just impossible to beat above average teams in away games. should i lead close to end they at least equalize 95th minute etc(another silly bug, each game at least 5 mins over time)

SI plz do something!!

lmao, although i have only 2 draws and 4 losses out of the 6 last away games, i am still no. 11 on away form in team stats.so the ai teams struggle partly aswell. would love to go back to 9.1. if it wouldnt have another ton of bugs.

Mirrorkisser: I had that problem also before the patch. Can you recommend me generally things for away games? I cant beat average teams away, thats really frustrating me!

thanks

Archived