Steam - Error

Alternatively - look in the Program Files / Steam / Steamapps folder and find the fm.exe - and create a desktop shortcut from that.

Bear in mind to check Steam every now and again if you do this for updates as this is just running the game locally...

Hi i have the same problem, when i follow this path i get this message 'cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have appropiate permissions too access the item. what does this mean and how do i solve it? please?

Is this the first time you've played since the patch came out?

I had a problem with my shortcut after the patch came out and it transpired that the .exe file had disappeared from the Steam apps folder. So it seems that Steam may actually have removed the old.exe (and maybe other files?) when loading itself. But it doesn't install the patch until you launch the game from within Steam.

Give it a go and I suspect you might be OK and find your previous shortcuts work again.

l think it's a bit naughty though - if Steam is going to remove files in the background it really ought to replace them in the same process.

Is this the first time you've played since the patch came out?

I had a problem with my shortcut after the patch came out and it transpired that the .exe file had disappeared from the Steam apps folder. So it seems that Steam may actually have removed the old.exe (and maybe other files?) when loading itself. But it doesn't install the patch until you launch the game from within Steam.

Give it a go and I suspect you might be OK and find your previous shortcuts work again.

l think it's a bit naughty though - if Steam is going to remove files in the background it really ought to replace them in the same process.

err not sure really, i only bought the game 4 days ago and it automatically updated. do i need to manually download the patcgh then?

Hi i have the same problem, when i follow this path i get this message 'cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have appropiate permissions too access the item. what does this mean and how do i solve it? please?

Not a clue, to be honest... sorry, I'm not technical at all.

Are you on Win XP or Vista?

Can you navigate to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common files\football manager 2009?

Are you on Win XP or Vista?

Can you navigate to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common files\football manager 2009?

I'm on xp, when i navigate this way i get the message 'windows cannot access the specified device path or file. you may not have the appropiate permissions to access the file. any ideas?

Archived