Will I get sacked?

Somehow I managed to win La liga in the 2nd season with Getafe during the season I sold a few players and decided I wanted to bring in a few ready for next season. I bought Matias Fernandez, Pedro Lopez and Ledesma. This left me with £5 million in the bank but then the board decided to expand the stadium by 8000 seats so now I am £5 million in debt. I am listed on the clubs favoured personal so hopefully that works in my favour. Last season we made a £4 million profit until they expanded the stadium this included the sale of £28 million worth of players.

So if we stay in debt and it gets worse will I be sacked? I am under the wage budget which is only 310k per week. The only solution would be to sell Bojan but he is the best player I have next to Uche. So have you ever been sacked for financial reasons, maybe I should have took the £118 million Real Madrid transfer fund they offer when they tried to poach me.

5 mil in debt is nothing. I would assume with the expanded stadium and champions league revenue you will be raking the cash in in no time. Your wage bill is nice and low. Are you still in preseason? if you are you should be getting season ticket money in aswell and that will clear your debt. My Darlington team is currently 12 mil in debt and the board are a little concerned but no fears just yet.

Personally I think you'll be fine! You've been a very successful manager thus far which I would say would be a good enough reason to keep you even if you weren't about to rake in money from CL, Season Tickets etc.

From experience it shouldn't be a problem either. My friend is manager of Portsmouth and in about Jan 2010 they announced plans for a new stadium. If I remember rightly this plunged him into debt of about £15 million but the board weren't overly concerned. His poor performance in the league is what they were more worried about!!!

Archived