Anyone interested in a purely English football manager game?

Or they could just add the next level down of the English leagues.

Trouble is it seems like a good idea, but can you honestly rate all the players in the Red Lion 2nd XI?? Reserves too?

No. Exactly.

So basically, you want to load all English leagues? But you want more English leagues?

It would be worse because although England would progress all other countried would go mental, altering europe.

But I digress, all I have to say on it is you already acn play all English, but I don't know why you would want to?

I'd hate a management game that limited me to only 1 country. There are far more important issues than adding yet more leagues lower down in England, which should be a long way back in the queue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marshall1992:

good idea get rid of all the other leagues and add crappy english leagues and watch sales fall </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

crappy?

Firstly, I love chasetown for knocking vale out the FA cup lol.

The leagues are undeniably 'crappy' depending upon the context of the word you use, no money, the players are just regular blokes who have to earn a living and their abilities probably represent how many they had the night before.

There are a lot of other features that need adding, and not to mention isnt the branch beneath the conference like 4 leagues which would make a lot of hassle just for that, as it branches further and furter down the heirarchy there becomes more regional leagues and such which make it far too much hassle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by santy001:

The leagues are undeniably 'crappy' depending upon the context of the word you use, no money, the players are just regular blokes who have to earn a living and their abilities probably represent how many they had the night before.

I live there, we'll make it all the way to the 4th round next year!

There are a lot of other features that need adding, and not to mention isnt the branch beneath the conference like 4 leagues which would make a lot of hassle just for that, as it branches further and furter down the heirarchy there becomes more regional leagues and such which make it far too much hassle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liam_everton89:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by santy001:

There are a lot of other features that need adding, and not to mention isnt the branch beneath the conference like 4 leagues which would make a lot of hassle just for that, as it branches further and furter down the heirarchy there becomes more regional leagues and such which make it far too much hassle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I live there, we'll make it all the way to the 4th round next year!

It would be nice to have all the English leagues, but to be honest, would many people use them?

People here on the forums are the die hard fans, but the majority of casual players who manage Barcelona or Chelsea wouldn't be too bothered I don't reckon, but thats my veiw!

I think there are other aspects of course more important that this, but it is a decent idea.

there are already more english teams represented than in any other league, no real need for more english teams tbh. i would prefer more licsenses for other leagues which were not in fm08 (if anything). as mentioned above, european football would be dominated by english teams which other countries leagues falling apart.

Condering the fact that UK is the main source of cash for SI, I dont think they would completely ignore adding one more level to English leagues. I can say for sure that add local English teams and it will sell more comparing to adding more second division in Eastern Europe countries. Maybe SI can sort this out just by adding them without dropping anythingg else and only people who have local team interest would turn these teams on.

Another problem would be to rate them. There are even players in premiership averaging 10-12 in stats so your locals should be around 2-4 to be able to have a fair comparision. icon_smile.gif I'm really curious how bad it would look to play with guys having this low stats. Well, maybe it is fun since your opponents will be as bad as you.

I like the idea of adding more lower leagues.

Except that I want those leagues to be Croatian icon_razz.gif

(But then again, I think most people would like to have their countries' leagues better represented)

The idea is rather nice, but it should include other countries... after all there's what, 6 tiers of English football in the game now? Italy , Germany and France have only 4, Spain has 3, and nobody can say that English football is more important or better than those. And there are many (including Croatia) which only have 2.

I know the game is primarily English-focused, but it has long since turned into a world-wide management game.

The number of leagues is increasing with time, hopefully someday there will be even the lowest tiers... but there's many, many other things that should be done before going further down the leagues.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AB-forever:

England has the most playable tiers in the game already so quit whining...

icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Condering the fact that UK is the main source of cash for SI, I dont think they would completely ignore adding one more level to English leagues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But then you could argue that is a good reason to try and branch out and add more leagues abroad maybe?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mravac Kid:

Oh, and one thing...

That issue would be very easily fixed by making the leagues editable. Everyone is constantly trying to add leagues anyway, so why not make it possible? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not a terrible idea, that. or at least someone could make an external program to do this.

Guest arrogantio

I think the main problem with the lower leagues, apart from the research side of things would be that teams differentiated from the teams two divisions below them only by the fitness and commitment of their players wouldn't actually be all that fun to play with. Not to mention the total lack of anything resembling a genuine transfer market...

Archived