Your worst Football Manager situations!

So this may sound like venting some frustration/looking for sympathy... but i'm playing with fulham. had a poor poor season, the worst season i've ever had managing anyone ever (and i've been playing for 6 years). we're 17th in the premiership. 34 points. only two points above two teams in the relegation zone.

and who do we have for our last two games?? chelsea at home and arsenal away!!

so for the first time in my career of playing footy man i think that i'm doomed to be relegated.

make me feel better, lets hear your worst football manager situations!!

On FM08 I was manager of Real Madrid but found it too easy so I resigned and decided to take the first job that was offered to me, I went on holiday and came back and to my horror it was the Newcastle job and I am a Sunderland fan. I thought what the hell and took it, the team was 12 points off safety at the end of Jan. We were doomed and the first time ever I was relegated by a couple of points after having to play Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and Man Utd in the last 4 games.

The plus side was I sold Owen for £22 million, Martins for £18 million and a few other players, this gave me £65 million to spend so I arranged the transfers before the team was relegated. I then had a season in the championship where I got well over 100 points and had a team full of really good players. First season up I finished 3rd then won the prem.

No matter how bleak it looks it could turn into one of the best games you have had, I still feel dirty after managing Newcastle but deep down I know it was one of the top 3 saves I have ever had. After winning the league I left to manager AC Milan and then the game crashed. Just keep going like I said if you dont get sacked it could turn into a great game.

Currently managing Man City, Robinho's injured for 4 months, Valeri Bojinov 2 months, Martin Petrov 3 weeks, Michael Johnson 2 months, Benjani 2 months, Gelson Fernandes, 2 months and Jo 3 months. I've won 1 out of last ten matches, 12th in the EPL, out of all the cups and obviously my board are decidedly unimpressed (especially as I said we'd challenge for the title at the start of the season to get a higher transfer budget).:(:(

do you wish to go defensive and be overcome?

or do you wish to be agressively adventurous and whilst you may still lose, you will at least entertain your fans watching possibly their team's last 2 games in the premiership?

Get the Braveheart feeling going..."they may take our lives but they will never take our freedom"

Let us know how you do :)

do you wish to go defensive and be overcome?

or do you wish to be agressively adventurous and whilst you may still lose, you will at least entertain your fans watching possibly their team's last 2 games in the premiership?

Get the Braveheart feeling going..."they may take our lives but they will never take our freedom"

Let us know how you do :)

Miracle of miracle's we beat chelsea 2-1... so that secured our premiership status. and then lost 4-0 to arsenal. but all the other teams around us lost their last two games anyway so either way we were going to be fine!! onwards and upwards!

Miracle of miracle's we beat chelsea 2-1... so that secured our premiership status. and then lost 4-0 to arsenal. but all the other teams around us lost their last two games anyway so either way we were going to be fine!! onwards and upwards!

Holey Moley - Did you go defensive or braveheart offensive?

Holey Moley - Did you go defensive or braveheart offensive?

braveheart offensive til we got to 2-1 with about 30 mins to go... then went all out defensive... 4-2-2-1... hangeland saved the game for us... was one of the most beautiful performances i've ever witnessed. now started second season on similar poor form... WHYY?!?! won 1, drawn 3, lost 3... come on fulham!!

every single time I start an FM game, I go through all of the friendlies, set my training and tactics, clear out the staff, and tool the team perfectly....and then I procede to lose the first few results, sending me into a rage that makes me exit the game before saving......I don't get it, my team plays great in the friendlies against decent competition, but as soon as the season starts, I lose..... It'd be one thing if it's a mixed bag, but I can't stand being coddled and hyped up only for my team to blow after the season starts....I know it's my tactics, so I used the TT&F starting tactics and tweaked them as I saw fit....and I still don't get it

Archived