are friendlies a good way to earn cash?

i was setting up some friendlies as AC Milan and i noticed if i pay a team like real madrid 100K they will come play a match that will generate me almost 2,000,000 income. i was just wondering if all this extra cash will help the board with regards to giving me more transfer funds because with milan there is only 8mil to start which makes it hard to compete right away with the big spenders like man city.

Friendlies can be. Lower league clubs will use friendlies against bigger teams as a way to make money. That is why you will see affiliate clubs deals with 'yearly friendly' and why clubs will sometimes offer a friendly game in a transfer bid.

As for friendlies with bigger teams, well I'm sure the same principle is at hand. As for transfer funds, too, well that depends whether they need the money elsewhere or not. You may get a proportion of it.

Having an affiliate in a foreign country may provide you with a lot more money. Manchester United and other Premier teams have contacts in places like Japan and make vast sums of cash from merchandising. I'm sure AC Milan can do that.

In 08 if you could get a feeder club in Japan or South Korea or China or even America, even a mid-table club would make a lot of cash on a tour. Just be sure to include your feeder club. I had one save where I kept sending my reserve team on tours to those countries and the fans lapped it up.

Not sure if it's as effective on 09.

i was setting up some friendlies as AC Milan and i noticed if i pay a team like real madrid 100K they will come play a match that will generate me almost 2,000,000 income.

For LLM it is a great way to generate some income.

i was just wondering if all this extra cash will help the board with regards to giving me more transfer funds because with milan there is only 8mil to start which makes it hard to compete right away with the big spenders like man city.

I don't think that because of this the board will decide to give you more cash.

Archived