FMH 2009 from Playstation Store

As its xmas I decided as an Xmas present to myself I would replace some of my psp games with versions from the playstation store. Too save changing disks etc anyway I was wondering

Why does FMH 2009 Only take up 43MB ??

When for example FIfa 09 takes up 863 MB ????

why is this ?? will I regret buyin game form ps store ?? :thup:

• SI Staff
Why does FMH 2009 Only take up 43MB ??

The PSN store version should be exactly identical to that on a UMD.

The reason the game is much smaller than some others is simply that to keep the loading times down as much as possible (the UMD access isn't particularly fast) we heavily compressed as much of the games data as possible - simple as that.

Hopefully you can see the difference when playing the game by the fast loading of the game initially and the lack of delays when the game is actually played.

If it'll make you feel better we could let you download it less compressed format next year so it'd take longer and feel like you were getting more Mb for your money ... ;)

The PSN store version should be exactly identical to that on a UMD.

The reason the game is much smaller than some others is simply that to keep the loading times down as much as possible (the UMD access isn't particularly fast) we heavily compressed as much of the games data as possible - simple as that.

Hopefully you can see the difference when playing the game by the fast loading of the game initially and the lack of delays when the game is actually played.

If it'll make you feel better we could let you download it less compressed format next year so it'd take longer and feel like you were getting more Mb for your money ... ;)

Thanks Marc was just worried incase I had not downloaded it properley or sumfin like that:eek: , thanks for the info. :D

Why would you download it for ps3 the whole point of getting it for the psp is you can play it anywhere.

You are downloading it for the psp, it won't work on the ps3. I love the idea of downloading games instead of getting umd's, i can put it on my pc and save a copy incase one breaks, something you can't do with umd's. I also love the size, I can fit it on my 128mb stick and don't have to buy a larger sized one yay! Thanks SI, great job.

Archived