8 Injuries during a match

I fear FM09 is never going to be sorted out, its pretty much impossible to play. Im playing a game and by half time 3 of my players have knocks, 2 with a green cross which i subbed off and one who's condition had dropped quite low but i kept him on to see if it improved after half time. After half time 4 more of my players picked up knocks...2 of which couldnt continue and 2 more who had green crosses but i couldnt take off as id run out of subs ( i used my final one just after half time on the low condition player as it wasnt improving)

Its no fun playing a game when its not realistic. Im not one to moan about injuries because its part and parcel of football and FM09 should reflect it but its the knocks that are the problem in this version, not injuries...the reason you get so many injuries is purely down to the amount of knocks players take during a game....rarely do i get to use a sub for tactical reasons.

Before anyone asks im not doing anything different from FM08 (which i believe had it set perfectly) infact ive actually reduced training to try and make things a little better.

Basically you cant manage a team in continental competition because the players cant cope with 2 games a week...their condition drops too low during a game, which means they pick up knocks pretty much automatically when their condition drops below 80% which leads to injuries...and therefore people complain they have too many.

Why did they change it from FM08??? :-(

I fear FM09 is never going to be sorted out, its pretty much impossible to play. Im playing a game and by half time 3 of my players have knocks, 2 with a green cross which i subbed off and one who's condition had dropped quite low but i kept him on to see if it improved after half time. After half time 4 more of my players picked up knocks...2 of which couldnt continue and 2 more who had green crosses but i couldnt take off as id run out of subs ( i used my final one just after half time on the low condition player as it wasnt improving)

Its no fun playing a game when its not realistic. Im not one to moan about injuries because its part and parcel of football and FM09 should reflect it but its the knocks that are the problem in this version, not injuries...the reason you get so many injuries is purely down to the amount of knocks players take during a game....rarely do i get to use a sub for tactical reasons.

Before anyone asks im not doing anything different from FM08 (which i believe had it set perfectly) infact ive actually reduced training to try and make things a little better.

Basically you cant manage a team in continental competition because the players cant cope with 2 games a week...their condition drops too low during a game, which means they pick up knocks pretty much automatically when their condition drops below 80% which leads to injuries...and therefore people complain they have too many.

I am completely agree with you. But the interesting point is some players say their number of injuries decreased after applying 9.2.0 patch.

You do have the newest patch don't you?

Yeah, playing with AC Milan but its practically impossible playing 2 games a week like they do. Im off out to get FM08 this morning which was an enjoyable game. Fm10 is going to be the first ever game in the series (and i mean from the very beginning) that im not going to buy on release day

I think you're unlucky. I am playing continental competition and my players regularly drop below 80%. Yet very few of my players are injured.

My training schedule isn't particularly low and I am not starting players on 100% every time.

I do get players with knocks but it rarely turns into anything drastic.

What's your pre-season training schedule consist of?

You do have the newest patch don't you?
I think you're unlucky. I am playing continental competition and my players regularly drop below 80%. Yet very few of my players are injured.

My training schedule isn't particularly low and I am not starting players on 100% every time.

I do get players with knocks but it rarely turns into anything drastic.

What's your pre-season training schedule consist of?

Intensive fitness and strength training....nothing different from FM08....plenty of friendlies....my players are usually on 100% for the first league game...but then it starts to go all wrong as the games mount up. Im doing nothing different from the previous version yet its a totally different game :-(

Intensive fitness and strength training....nothing different from FM08....plenty of friendlies....my players are usually on 100% for the first league game...but then it starts to go all wrong as the games mount up. Im doing nothing different from the previous version yet its a totally different game :-(

There must be something you are doing wrong. I have never had so many injuries.

When it comes to training each of my schedules is set to just before the 4th notch of the overall bar - medium. I never go any higher and never any lower.

As for strength and aerobic training, well that varies for each schedule, but it is generally about mid-way along the bar. For pre-season training strength and aerobic are just before the second segment - medium again.

Do you use one general training schedule or a number of different ones for positional training? Maybe that would have something to do with it.

The one thing that is seriously different in your game is the level of football you are playing. You're AC Milan and I'm Koper in Slovenia. I'm the top division but a drastically different level of ability. Whether that would have a major influence on injuries, I don't know.

It has been said that injuries are a problem but if you're just doing the same as you did with 08 then you can't say the game is broken. You have to vary things to find what works. You'll be lucky if everything clicks in to place on the first try. Change schedules, change training intensities and alter tactics. Somewhere along the line you will find that it clicks in to place. I'm sure of that.

Plus my situation is testament to the fact that squads playing games regularly is not crippling.

Thought I was a minority with regards to Injuries but had constant injuires through out the new patch. My 1st game of the new season I lost 5 team players amd seeing as I had a small squad I was snookered. Use a extension application to FM09 now where I can heal the players what get injured, to resort to this level is crazy but a must. Why are injuries and fitness levels pants only the SI techinical dept can answer but it sucks and it is ruining a great game.

Try a team who doesn't play two games a week?

Erm thats not really the point....ive paid my money, ive got the right to be any team on the game

There must be something you are doing wrong. I have never had so many injuries.

When it comes to training each of my schedules is set to just before the 4th notch of the overall bar - medium. I never go any higher and never any lower.

As for strength and aerobic training, well that varies for each schedule, but it is generally about mid-way along the bar. For pre-season training strength and aerobic are just before the second segment - medium again.

Do you use one general training schedule or a number of different ones for positional training? Maybe that would have something to do with it.

The one thing that is seriously different in your game is the level of football you are playing. You're AC Milan and I'm Koper in Slovenia. I'm the top division but a drastically different level of ability. Whether that would have a major influence on injuries, I don't know.

It has been said that injuries are a problem but if you're just doing the same as you did with 08 then you can't say the game is broken. You have to vary things to find what works. You'll be lucky if everything clicks in to place on the first try. Change schedules, change training intensities and alter tactics. Somewhere along the line you will find that it clicks in to place. I'm sure of that.

Plus my situation is testament to the fact that squads playing games regularly is not crippling.

Im pretty sure it is something wrong im doing, thats the problem, the whole injury, knocks, condition has been changed in FM09 but i dont think its anywhere near perfected...problem is you have to sit and spend hours trying to work out how to get around it. Thats not really fun anymore.

Im using the general training schedule...and like you ive moved the slider down....i just dont understand why it was changed from FM08 when it was totally fine

Archived