Factors that determine season ticket sales?

Manager of Newcastle in the Prem, finished first season in 2nd (to Arsenal of course :) )

Pre-season of second season is complete, have brought in a few new faces (some of which are stars in comparison to last years rag-tag additions), yet the board have just told me we've sold less season tickets than last year.

I can understand this happening, and I'm not claiming a bug here, but it doesnt quite make sense. If Newcastle finished second in real-life I'd imagine season ticket sales would be up, even if only slightly because their support seems strong come-what-may, and not down. Second season we've sold 32k, last season 35k were sold.

So... what determines season ticket sales?

The only solution is to let the player choose the price so it will set the relationship ticket-price vs spectators -> revenue.

It is enough to let the player choose among some pre-set values like € 4, 4.5, 5, 6 etc.

Real life football managers have no control over pricing and as such it will not feature in FM.

Mainly the performance of the club affects ticket sales: the better you do and the bigger games you have, generally speaking, the more people you'll get in.

There is a known issue with season ticket sales dropping slightly though and it is under review.

Ah okay, at least its a known issue. Is it just a season 2 drop, or will things continue to head south?

Maybe resolved with a few other things in a mini-patch... :)

Real life football managers have no control over pricing and as such it will not feature in FM.

In my country ( Italy ) the manager doesn't decide players' salary, this is choosen by the board.

I have several examples like this, just ask.

Archived