PDA

View Full Version : Factors that determine season ticket sales?

T4RG4
22-12-2008, 22:14
Manager of Newcastle in the Prem, finished first season in 2nd (to Arsenal of course :) )

Pre-season of second season is complete, have brought in a few new faces (some of which are stars in comparison to last years rag-tag additions), yet the board have just told me we've sold less season tickets than last year.

I can understand this happening, and I'm not claiming a bug here, but it doesnt quite make sense. If Newcastle finished second in real-life I'd imagine season ticket sales would be up, even if only slightly because their support seems strong come-what-may, and not down. Second season we've sold 32k, last season 35k were sold.

So... what determines season ticket sales?

Sam the Seagull
22-12-2008, 23:16
Credit crunch?

VonBlade
22-12-2008, 23:17
Mine went down after I won the UEFA, Carling, FA Cup trilogy.

Bloody Spurs fans eh :)

T4RG4
22-12-2008, 23:24
Hmm, I'd say its knackered then :D

vivu
23-12-2008, 04:30
Newcastle had some special scheme running on the season tickests the first season... I remember reading about Cashley locking in the poor supporters up for the year on some site.....

phnompenhandy
23-12-2008, 06:01
Have the ticket prices increased? Now in the View drop-down menu you can see average ticket and season ticket prices.

Glenn Wakeford
23-12-2008, 11:26
Mainly the performance of the club affects ticket sales: the better you do and the bigger games you have, generally speaking, the more people you'll get in.

There is a known issue with season ticket sales dropping slightly though and it is under review.

grep
23-12-2008, 11:52
The only solution is to let the player choose the price so it will set the relationship ticket-price vs spectators -> revenue.

It is enough to let the player choose among some pre-set values like € 4, 4.5, 5, 6 etc.

Glenn Wakeford
23-12-2008, 12:00
The only solution is to let the player choose the price so it will set the relationship ticket-price vs spectators -> revenue.

It is enough to let the player choose among some pre-set values like € 4, 4.5, 5, 6 etc.

Real life football managers have no control over pricing and as such it will not feature in FM.

T4RG4
23-12-2008, 13:01
Mainly the performance of the club affects ticket sales: the better you do and the bigger games you have, generally speaking, the more people you'll get in.

There is a known issue with season ticket sales dropping slightly though and it is under review.

Ah okay, at least its a known issue. Is it just a season 2 drop, or will things continue to head south?

Maybe resolved with a few other things in a mini-patch... :)

grep
23-12-2008, 13:26
Real life football managers have no control over pricing and as such it will not feature in FM.

In my country ( Italy ) the manager doesn't decide players' salary, this is choosen by the board.

I have several examples like this, just ask.