Brazil sack manager during World Cup?!

In FM 06 or 07 I made it to the European Championships final with England and a few days before the final my opponents, Czech Rep., offered me the job to manage them. It would've been the ultimate betrayal (ignoring that they weren't Scotland or Germany).

In FM 06 or 07 I made it to the European Championships final with England and a few days before the final my opponents, Czech Rep., offered me the job to manage them. It would've been the ultimate betrayal (ignoring that they weren't Scotland or Germany).

WoW! :eek: So the Czechs were prepared to sack the manager who'd got them to the final? Or you were to take the job up after?

WoW! :eek: So the Czechs were prepared to sack the manager who'd got them to the final? Or you were to take the job up after?

I think teams only offer a job when they're managerless anyway. If I remember correctly they started the competition managerless and offered me the job once or twice before. Then they did it again before the final. It reminded me of the last box in Deal Or No Deal.

Archived