8.0.2 hasn't fixed the absurd values issue.

i do find that there are many massive money deals ocurring in my latest save.

The problem is that when i try and buy someone i have to fork out my whole transfer budget just to get one reasonable player, after being promoted to the prem with colchester they i was told i'd have to spend £10m+ for Dentinho, an 18 year old with not many games played.

There seems there is a real lack of top league talent available in the £0 to £5m category after all the good players are snapped up in the 1st season i.e. kalouda.

I wouldn't mind this if the same rules applied when teams bidded for my players but they never reach my valuation.

Here are some ridiculous deals that ocurred in the 2nd season of my save with colchester:

Francisco merida to bolton for £12m

Gamst Pedersen to Birmingham for £10.5m

Mutu to Arsenal for £33m

Pandev to Inter £20m

does anyone else see this as a problem?

Title edited: There is no 8.03

The problem is that when i try and buy someone i have to fork out my whole transfer budget just to get one reasonable player, after being promoted to the prem with colchester they i was told i'd have to spend £10m+ for Dentinho, an 18 year old with not many games played.

There seems there is a real lack of top league talent available in the £0 to £5m category after all the good players are snapped up in the 1st season i.e. kalouda.

I wouldn't mind this if the same rules applied when teams bidded for my players but they never reach my valuation.

Here are some ridiculous deals that ocurred in the 2nd season of my save with colchester:

Mutu to Arsenal for £33m

Pandev to Inter £20m

does anyone else see this as a problem?

Title edited: There is no 8.03

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Francisco merida to bolton for £12m

Mutu to Arsenal for £33m

Pandev to Inter £20m </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TBH the only deal I think looks suspect is the Mutu one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by throughbeingcool:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Francisco merida to bolton for £12m

Mutu to Arsenal for £33m

TBH the only deal I think looks suspect is the Mutu one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ka-Pa-Ro:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Top league talent goes for big money, otherwise they're not top league talent. I can;t imagine anyone letting you have a great Prem player for less than £5m. I suggest you set your sights lower.

Players are only worth what teams are willing to pay for them. This whole over-inflated transfers thing is a non-issue.

Because of the massive TV money in England, English teams (mainly Premier League sides) will have a lot of money (like IRL).

If your players are not selling for what you think they are worth it's because other teams don't want them (or don't want them for that amount). You can't expect other teams to drop their valuations because of this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by throughbeingcool:

Mutu to Arsenal for £33m

TBH the only deal I think looks suspect is the Mutu one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct, there are many more significant problems than that listed here.

Guest JamesPVFC

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ka-Pa-Ro:

Mutu to Arsenal for £33m

Pandev to Inter £20m

does anyone else see this as a problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw Pandev go to Chelsea for 37.5 mil. That's a tad expensive...

Ok I just found that rosina went to everton for £30m in 2nd season. rosina may get fetch a fee like that someday but everton who in my game didn't even reach the champions league paid £30m for one player.

SWaRFeGa, i agree that it is impossible to get a top repuationed player for under £5m, however there are lots of deals whereby good players are signed for a smallish fee who are impressing in smaller league's who would fit well in the prem.

even players like lassana diarra only costed portsmouth £2m however given his stats on fm it would cost someone to bid £20m they are so good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wazzerphuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robertodibaggio:

8.0.3? Have I missed a new patch? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Had me wondering too icon_frown.gif

I agree this is getting ridiculous. With regards to Mutu, I'll see your £33m and raise you £47m! Well, almost. icon_wink.gif

The problem I feel, is not the valuations of players, it's the dumb AI.

Club A wants to buy a player worth £15m, Club B don't want to sell so they say "if you want him, you'll have to pay us double!" (or in some cases treble) and Club A say "Er...OK."

I'm not advocating some kind of artificial limit in the game, i.e. no transfers above £30m or something, just that the game should be able to analyse a players given valuation, and make bids that are realistic.

So if a player is valued at £5m, doubling that and bidding £10m wouldn't be too over the top. But if the value is £10m, doubling that would be a bit OTT. I'd probably go to £15m-17m which is between 50%-70% extra. If the value is £15m I'd probably pay £20m-22m which is about 33%-50% extra. This is just rough brainstorming but you get the idea.

The regularity of £20m+ transfers in FM is ridiculous when you think that in real life, in the past 3 years, there have only been 5 such fees paid: Andriy Shevchenko (£30m - 2006), Arjen Robben (£24m - 2007), Michael Essien (£24m - 2005), Shaun Wright-Phillips (£21m - 2005) and Pepe (£20m - 2007), and three of those only happened because moneybags Abramovich opened his bottomless pit and paid ridiculously over the odds. Any other club would have looked elsewhere after being quoted those fees.

It's definitely something that needs fine-tuning. Roll on FM09!

This is just the progression of football. If the club have the money to spend then the seller will invariably ask for more, it stands to reason.

Re: any other club looking elsewhere, if they had been quoted that fee, I don't think this is the case. We live in a world where Darren Bent cost £18m and Spurs paid it, despite options available elsewehere e.g. Anelka for £3m less and Fernando Torres for only £3m more.

As the game progresses clubs will make money, that's a given but it is also a given that as the game progresses other clubs will want more of that money when selling players on.

As for top talent between £0 -£5m, this just doesn't happen. Nugent was only decent talent and cost £7m. IMO it shows a correlation with world football.

But it can work both ways.

I have just signed Daniel Alves for £14mil.

I also got Dos Santos, Micah Richards and Bojan on frees.

Now this might happen in real life, it might not.

I also paid £50 mil for Silva, when his club wanted £70 mil - i just made the board an offer they couldnt refuse.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

This is just the progression of football. If the club have the money to spend then the seller will invariably ask for more, it stands to reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd second this opinion. Speaking from a human standpoint, why would I only take £5m for a really good squad player when I know that the club wanting to buy could spend £15m-£20m on him.

As the clubs get richer, of course more money will start sloshing around the market and selling values go up.

I think the record in my game is £70m-ish for Christiano Ronaldo in 2011, which when you consider that the buying team (Milan) spent well in excess of £250m over two years on transfer is probably right.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evil Man:

I also paid £50 mil for Silva, when his club wanted £70 mil - i just made the board an offer they couldnt refuse..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, put a gun to the chairmans head and said either his signature, or his brains were going on the offer?

(Godfather, ty)

transfers are mad in 2days world vo dont get me wrong ive raised an eyebrow or 2 at sum of transfers in fm08 but like people have said if people are willing 2 pay daft prices then thats just way it is in game thers been plenty in real life,look at drogba when chelsea signed him for 24m he woz crap for first season and yeah hes good now but that looked like way too much for him for a while,buffon 34m or sumot want it to juventus yeah hes a great keeper but that much,if teams are willing to pay these things will happen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evil Man:

I also paid £50 mil for Silva, when his club wanted £70 mil - i just made the board an offer they couldnt refuse..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How on earth did you get Alves for 14?

There is something similar but different that worries me. Say I want to buy Riquelme. Say ten other clubs want to buy Riquelme. Say he's valued 10 mil. Now, they'll always deny my offer of 10,15,20,25,30 million for Riquelme, but they will always accept NPC's bids of 7,8,10,12,14 million. And that stretches through entire game, they will accept an offer of 8 mil for a player valued 8 mil even if the maximal value of transfer is still far below my offer which was rejected, and I always offer more than others. Or, even more frustrating, they will accept a 15 mil offer for Riquelme from NPC, but they will reply to my offer requesting 40 million for Riquelme. I noticed this crap since fm 2006. FM05 was last version to have normal transfering.

I agree that the AI's are definately stupid when it comes to shelling out for players.

However, I have never really experienced any major issues when buying players. I am very reluctant to spend over 20m on any player but i decided to bite the bullet any try for Silva and Alves. All my offers upto 30m were rejected and i do not blame them.

I did not bother going higher.

The point is this - what you pay for a player is determined by how the selling club rate that player and if they need to sell him. Silva looks like becoming one of the top players in the world and if he was my player i would reject all offers for him as well. Alves is considered one of the best right backs in the world and again if he was mine i would reject all offers for him.

I play as Liverpool abnd if someone bid 50m for Gerrard, i would reject it.

The way i look at it is - if the AI's are prepeared to pay that much money - let them. they are the ones that will go bankrupt and then you can raid them for their best players.

In reality though, would Arsenal pay 30m for Mutu - let me phone a friend! - the answer is No.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mojby:

In reality though, would Arsenal pay 30m for Mutu - let me phone a friend! - the answer is No. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that the major problem that causes this is the lack of "personality" for managers, boards etc.

I mean, it's not like Arsenal couldn't pay 30mill for Mutu, it's that they wouldn't. I think we need some kind of "ppm" for managers and boards, like "doesn't buy big-name players" or "doesnt spend lots on one signing"....

I mean the examples I've given are no the best, but you see where I'm coming from.

Archived