Arteta to Arsenal - £10 Million

Srna to Man City - £11 Million

After the Patch

Srna to Tottenham - £29 Million

Arteta to Aston Villa - £26 Million

Jimmy Bullard to Newcastle - £29 Million

Mutu to Man City - £47 Million

plus Tim Howard has joined Middlesbrough for £16 Million

how is this possible when the teams dont have that money in the transfer budget or Bank Balance

Since I have updated to the new patch the transfer fees have skyrockted

Before the Patch

Mutu to Man City - £17 Million

Arteta to Arsenal - £10 Million

Srna to Man City - £11 Million

After the Patch

Srna to Tottenham - £29 Million

Arteta to Aston Villa - £26 Million

Jimmy Bullard to Newcastle - £29 Million

Mutu to Man City - £47 Million

plus Tim Howard has joined Middlesbrough for £16 Million

how is this possible when the teams dont have that money in the transfer budget or Bank Balance

I've experienced some problems, but not major ones. I decided to start a new game with the new patch, and I tried to recreate the team I had built up with Liverpool. I ended up paying £26m for Balotelli even though I bough him originally for £15m! I'm not sure whether it's because the people at SI have noticed how much people have raved about certain wonderkids that they have inflated their prices to reflect this?

I ended up paying £26m for Balotelli even though I bough him originally for £15m! I'm not sure whether it's because the people at SI have noticed how much people have raved about certain wonderkids that they have inflated their prices to reflect this?

I don't think so. It appears to depend on what stage of the game you're in, the age and the status of the player within his team.

I say this because, start of my current savegame (which started with the demo) and second season (proper game and first patch), Balotelli was going for quite a lot of money. However in the third season (January) I managed to get him for cheap, relatively speaking. I don't remember the value but it was less than the £15M you mention. At the time he was 19 years old, was just in the rotation and they were paying him very little money.

So, maybe sometimes it's better to wait and keep looking at certain players. Maybe their price will drop.

As for unrealistic transfer fees, the only thing I do find very unrealistic, are the price values a lot of teams place on their most important players (and some teams have tons of those, like 8 or more). They will not settle for less than 110, 120, 130M Euros. That's totally impossible IRL, I suppose. This summer the talks were that Real would pay ManUtd around 100M Euros to get Ronaldo. To have to pay even more for someone like Heitinga (there are many, many other examples in the game) is crazy.

Before I go, it definately also depends on the finantial state of the club. If he's "rich", they will not part with their most important assets, except for those ridiculous sums. If they are not doing so well, they will lower it, sometimes dramatically.

Can anyone tell me if man city still go crazy on avarage players or is it better now with new patch i know theres a way round it by lowering hughes buying players to 8 or something in editor:thup:

I'm playing as Liverpool, and they seem to have bought a lot of my players for stupid money...Alonso for £25m (with 20% sell on clause), Kuyt for £18m (with 10% sell on clause), Carragher for £17.5m, Pennant for £12.5m and Benayoun for £12m. I used these to fund younger players, i.e. Veloso, L Diarra, A Sanchez etc.

I'm playing as Liverpool, and they seem to have bought a lot of my players for stupid money...Alonso for £25m (with 20% sell on clause), Kuyt for £18m (with 10% sell on clause), Carragher for £17.5m, Pennant for £12.5m and Benayoun for £12m. I used these to fund younger players, i.e. Veloso, L Diarra, A Sanchez etc.

Ok cheers mite use editor then before i start my new game:thup:

This was an issue in 9.0 and 9.1 - it is nothing new !

In my Villa game I can cash Cuellar for 34 mill / barry for 35 mill etc .... fees have always been inflated.

I quite like it that way to be honest esp seeing there normally players I dont want to sell so the bid has to be big for me to consider it

to the mod who moved my post in here.

i wasn't talking about high transfer fees, i was talking about the fact that the money has dissapeared. thanks mate

Have you tried looking at your "percentage transfer fees available" or whatever its called,

Basically the board may not give you 100% of the revenue back.

Either that or it was an installments deal ie 20mill over 24months with 10mill upfront

My main concern is that for some reason Belgian players values have dropped off considerably, seemingly tying in with their reputation being arbitrarily lowered.

Taking Steven Defour and Axel Witsel as the prime examples, pre-patch their reputation was national, both had values of around £4million and took around £9mil and £8mil respectively to prise away.

When I loaded the patch both were worth £1.1mil, reputations had lowered to regional and can be bought for £5-6mil, despite in the real world becoming more well known (i.e. linked in the papers every other day with big money moves to England).

You might wonder why I'd complain when they're cheaper but it doesnt half take away the feeling of realism, and makes me feel like I'm exploiting the game somehow

Playing Barnet in League 2. Went after Defender Shelton Martis sitting in WBA reserves. Supposedly valued at $2.1 million. I offered upwards of $150K which was rejected. I was given reason he didn't want to join Barnet because he didn't think we could meet his wage demands. Later in the game it was reported he went to another League 2 team for something like $80K with incentives.

This makes no sense to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived