Idea for 2010: Coach Reports/Scout Reports

At the moment when you get a Coach Report or a Scout Report on a player the Coach/Scout will tell you about the players best position. Fair enough. However, if you are like me, you might sometimes want to know how good certain players are in certain positions. For example, you find a good CB, you look at the positions he can play, and it says DC: Natural, DR: Natural and DM: Natural. Now what if this player isn't good enough to take over your current DC partnership but he is a lot better than your current DR?. I think there should be a system created which means you can go and scout a player on a certain position, or even get a Coach Report on a certain position.

Coach Reports:

This would mean that instead of having 1 Coach Report on one of your players, you could have 2 or 3 (maybe even more) on how Player X plays in different positions. This could then tell the User that Player X is a good DC but would be better use at DR.

Scout Reports

Scout Reports would work in a similiar way, the user would find a player that has DR/WBR but would like to get a report on how this player plays at WBR instead of the players natural position of DR. Then if you buy this player you would automatically get a Coach Report on every one of the positions that this player can play.

Suggestions welcome.

Your suggestion for multiple coach reports on each of a player's variety of playing positions has already been newly introduced in FM 2009.

To view such reports, go to "Coach Reports" and at the top right hand corner, you can select to view his different positional reports as well as select which of your coaching staff does the reporting.

Scout reports are still limited at present though, so I would definitely support an extension of such a feature to scouting reports. :thup: However my thoughts are that, to make it more realistic, it could be limited to the positions that the scouted player's club plays him in. So if that player is a MR/DR but never plays as a MR for his club, your scout should still not be able to produce accurate scouting reports for his MR effectiveness.

To view such reports, go to "Coach Reports" and at the top right hand corner, you can select to view his different positional reports as well as select which of your coaching staff does the reporting.

I already knew you could get different reports of different Coaches but I haven't seen anything about different positional reports.

I already knew you could get different reports of different Coaches but I haven't seen anything about different positional reports.

You can select the different positional reports from a drop-down menu right next to the drop-down menu that selects the different coach reports.

The change I'd like to see to Scout Reports is this:

Currently, I might have Scout A "discover" a player, giving a rudimentary scouting report.

I select my best scout, Scout B, to "Scout for 3 Matches"; he gives a detailed report.

Later on, another scout, Scout C, "discovers" the player, with a rudimentary report.

If I come in to the the player's scouting screen, it shows Scout C's crummy report. The drop-down reads

Scout C - rudimentary

Scout B - detailed

Scout B - medium

Scout B - initial

Scout A - rudimentary

I can't delete Scout C's report.

If Scout B then scouts the player for one more match, he gives a fairly medium depth report, with less detail than his "detailed" report from earlier!

The changes I'd like to see are:

1. Each Scout would have just one report in the drop-down.

2. Subsequent scoutings of a player by the same Scout would further refine his report; he would never give a less-detailed report than he had previously given.

3. By default, the most detailed report (B's detailed) on the player would be displayed.

(View Report from the e-mail about C's report would take me to C's report, of course.)

4. I'd like to be able to delete a specific Scout Report (e.g., C's report) without deleting all reports.

5. I'd like to be able to stop a currently assigned Scout of the player from the Player Screen without deleting existing scout reports

6. I'd like to be able to mark a player as "uninteresting", so that my scouts don't "discover" him and recommend him to me after I've decided against having any interest in him.

Archived