Never seen before...goalkeeper bug and some other things (9.0.2)

1. In my second game with new patch (Blackburn-Man UTD) Blackburn GK Robinson kicked the ball and it was going to Van der Sar, but instead of catching the simple ball...he just punch it (parry it) in the field and Blackurn ST scored from CCC easily. I saw a lot of bugs with GK in earlier versions, but never seen something like this.

2. In 9.0.1 lot of people were complaining about GK assists. To be honest in my games I didn't see that and maybe it's because I didn't play with lower teams, I plaued only with best teams. Now, in 9.0.2 I think I have a problem with these, cause ine every game I had at least one superb pass from GK!!!

3. It seems to me that total number of shots for user guided teams is too low!!! When you chech AI teams it looks ok (like real life statistics), but when you guide a team it looks like that number of shots are too low. Maybe some tester can check this and compare that with real life statistics!

1. In my second game with new patch (Blackburn-Man UTD) Blackburn GK Robinson kicked the ball and it was going to Van der Sar, but instead of catching the simple ball...he just punch it (parry it) in the field and Blackurn ST scored from CCC easily. I saw a lot of bugs with GK in earlier versions, but never seen something like this.

2. In 9.0.1 lot of people were complaining about GK assists. To be honest in my games I didn't see that and maybe it's because I didn't play with lower teams, I plaued only with best teams. Now, in 9.0.2 I think I have a problem with these, cause ine every game I had at least one superb pass from GK!!!

3. It seems to me that total number of shots for user guided teams is too low!!! When you chech AI teams it looks ok (like real life statistics), but when you guide a team it looks like that number of shots are too low. Maybe some tester can check this and compare that with real life statistics!

1. An isolated incident. Some GKs will panic and punch when they should catch. Unless this is 'trend' that continues to happen it's nothing to worry about.

2. The number of balls put over the defence by the GK has been lowered in 9.2.

3. Speculative generalisation. If you have some proof (e.g. average number of shots per match over a season) that we can compare to real life, we will look at this for you. In our tests so far there doesn't seem to be anything particularly problematic with the number of shots.

• 2 weeks later...
1. An isolated incident. Some GKs will panic and punch when they should catch. Unless this is 'trend' that continues to happen it's nothing to worry about.

2. The number of balls put over the defence by the GK has been lowered in 9.2.

3. Speculative generalisation. If you have some proof (e.g. average number of shots per match over a season) that we can compare to real life, we will look at this for you. In our tests so far there doesn't seem to be anything particularly problematic with the number of shots.

1. Isolated incident? Are you joking. 10 year old kid would catch that ball, but we are talking about Van der Sar. Ball was coming slowly, jumped from groung several times and nearest players was at least 15 metres away...it's just stupid.

2. After playing whole season It turns out that number of balls over defence has been lowered indeed. I guess I was just unlucky at start.

3. OK...I have no intention to do your job, but I checked a lot of RL games (Champions league) and it seems that average number of shots for biggest teams, including blocked shots is around 20 (Chelsea, Inter, Real, Barca). Man Utd had even more than 20.

Also I checked number of shots for lower sides and their number of shots is around 10 (Cluj, Bate, Basel, Steaua). The team with fewest shots in this year group stage of CL is Anorthosis (46 shots for 6 games or little less than 8 per game).

But in FM2009 you can often find games with 6:4 in number of shots for example.

Today I visited official champions league site and counted number of shots per game from match reports

I count for 30 games, cause 30 is the minimum statistical significant sample with mistake of around 5%.

And guess what..average number of shots per team is 12. Yes 12, per team, so it's 24 shots per game.

In FM it's 10% chance that teams would have more than 25 shots per match. Actually today in FM2009 I have game with 3:0 ratio of total shots. Hey 3 shots in total for both teams, did you ever watched a game with only 3 shots?

Something is seriously f****d up!!!

Archived