Do I really need to install a patch?

I'm getting the game for xmas (I decided to wait after the disaster of a launch day) and alot of fuss was made about the game and then about the subsequent patch.

But when I get the game do I really need to install a patch or not? What difference does it make.

weither or not u download the patch is up to you, and opinions seem to vary a lot on here as to the game being made better or not by using the patch. Imo the patch makes the game much better to play, as I was getting a lot of injuries before, but not so many now. Also the patch fixes things like not being able to click on continue at the start of the game from the opposition instructions screen. Those are just a couple of major things I can think of that get fixed by the patch, but there is a changelist that is stickied at the top of the GD forum iirc, this will show you everything that is diffirent in patch 9.2 and I think the previous patch as well.

I have top bt internet package, it's just because of SI's idiotic registration rubbish, but don't get me started on it again

I used torrents and downloaded within a few minutes. Not sure what registration you mean, but sorry to hear that you were having troubles.

OK, did it, am I correct in assuming that now because I have saved the patch on my PC that it will have immediate effect when I get the game on xmas day?

No. You have to install the game first, than install the patch. What it does, is updates files in the installation directory, so until you do that, it won't have any effect.

No. You have to install the game first, than install the patch. What it does, is updates files in the installation directory, so until you do that, it won't have any effect.

Well why the hell did someone tell me to install the patch now.

Archived