Small addition (probably FM10 by now)

Todays pressure-filled Championship day has led me to notice something. FM is terrible at giving updates that affect your team at the sharp-end of the season.

Yeah we can look at the live table. Yeah we can have a live goals thing in the (never ever ever remembers our settings) split view.

But how hard would it be to add a "and there is a goal at stadium x" commentary line?

Definitely don't want it anywhere near as often as the "player x is returning to your club for the tenth year in a row" media item now, but for the last couple of games it wouldn't hurt to mention if a game secures safety or another team has dropped you out of Europe/playoffs/promotion/relegation/whatever.

Just a thought.

Todays pressure-filled Championship day has led me to notice something. FM is terrible at giving updates that affect your team at the sharp-end of the season.

Yeah we can look at the live table. Yeah we can have a live goals thing in the (never ever ever remembers our settings) split view.

But how hard would it be to add a "and there is a goal at stadium x" commentary line?

Definitely don't want it anywhere near as often as the "player x is returning to your club for the tenth year in a row" media item now, but for the last couple of games it wouldn't hurt to mention if a game secures safety or another team has dropped you out of Europe/playoffs/promotion/relegation/whatever.

Just a thought.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rinso:

definitely would like this in the game!! icon14.gif must say though, the league table doesnt always seem to update, or maybe thats just me.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I've found this too. Needed another team to drop points to get into the playoffs, after 70 minutes they were still showing a 0-0 scoreline. When I went back again near the end of the game, turns out they'd scored 2 early in the second half. KO times were the same. Weird.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rinso:

definitely would like this in the game!! icon14.gif must say though, the league table doesnt always seem to update, or maybe thats just me.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I've found this too. Needed another team to drop points to get into the playoffs, after 70 minutes they were still showing a 0-0 scoreline. When I went back again near the end of the game, turns out they'd scored 2 early in the second half. KO times were the same. Weird. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i always have lastes scores and league table up for the second half so i have some experience in this. there is a delay between scoring and the result coming up and you can see this best by looking at your own score. i think it was included to try and make the game a tadd more realistic. like player y scores at stadium x then it takes a few minutes for a reporter to get a slot on sky sports news to tell the world then a few minutes for someone to see it on something such as sky sports news and then come and tell you. i think.

This would be another good idea. Its another one of the little chnges that would make FM a bit more accessible and advance the game far more than pintless additions like the calender icon_confused.gif

I think, combined with some of StanPetrov's ideas:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/8522036693

SI could make FM09 much more attractive and less daunting to first time players.

FM08 has improved drastically over FM07 simply because the default skin is so much better - proving that graphics and little touches like score updates can really help.

Archived