Offline Multiplayer?

Hi everyone, just wondering if it's possible to have an offline multiplayer using two different laptops as me and my cousin go to my grandads to watch the football at the weekend and we would like to start a two player game but my grandad doesn't have the internet. Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone, just wondering if it's possible to have an off line multilayer using two different laptops as me and my cousin go to my granddads to watch the football at the weekend and we would like to start a two player game but my granddad doesn't have the internet. Thanks in advance.

Hi

It is possible, this is the set-up me and my mate had at uni, you would need a cat5 crossover cable, which you would connect to Ethernet port on both laptops, prob get cable for about £4

Once the cable is connect you would configure Laptop 1 with ip address 192.168.0.1, subnet 255.255.255.0, Laptop 2 with ip address 192.168.0.2, Subnet 255.255.255.0, this would basically create a simple peer to peer network

So once above is configured you would for example load game on laptop 1, the person on laptop 2 would go to network on fm main menu and select join server typing in ip address of laptop 1, 192.168.0.1, laptop 2 should then be connected to game

Hope above is helpful, any probs let us know

Hi

It is possible, this is the set-up me and my mate had at uni, you would need a cat5 crossover cable, which you would connect to Ethernet port on both laptops, prob get cable for about £4

Once the cable is connect you would configure Laptop 1 with ip address 192.168.0.1, subnet 255.255.255.0, Laptop 2 with ip address 192.168.0.2, Subnet 255.255.255.0, this would basically create a simple peer to peer network

So once above is configured you would for example load game on laptop 1, the person on laptop 2 would go to network on fm main menu and select join server typing in ip address of laptop 1, 192.168.0.1, laptop 2 should then be connected to game

Welcome to the forums - great and helpful post

I could use this too when I eventually get a laptop.

Hi

Cheers mate, thanks alot, i'll give it a go!

• 3 months later...

Bought a crossover cable the other day and tired it out today but having no joy with it at all. I have plugged it into both of the laptops, one is on XP and the other is on Vista if that matters? and give them both static IP address's (192.168.0.1 & 192.168.0.2) but we still cannot play football manager offline, when i turn the wireless internet connection off then the other computer no longer shows up on the join network game screen. Have i missed something out somewhere? can someone tell me exactly what it is i'm doing wrong? a setp by step guide would be very helpfull :) (my cable is a cat5E crossover cable by the way)

Make sure you buy Cat5 CROSSOVER cable though

it's a different beast to the standard Cat5 Cable due to how the wires are connected internally within the connectors.

If your running XP SP2+ or Vista it doesn't matter any CAT cable will do, network manager will auto-configure input/output paths once IP addresses have been imputed or generated.

But yes that is what you need to do, it should work.

Hobgob.

Ok, i'm really having trouble here, i've done everything you said but still nothing, from the begining, what steps do i have to do before i can load FM 2009 up and have my friend join me by going on join network game?

Turned off the wireless internet and went on FM, i ran my laptop as the server, and it said my ip address 127.0.0.1 which i'm presuming is what it's supposed to be, but it still won't let us join a game. Any ideas?

Archived