The Scots Sunday Clan 2006

si%20forum%20banner.JPG

The Scots Sunday Clan, lower league management at its best is back.

Once again taking on the lowest depths of Scottish football, no money, no players and very little fans only your managerial ability will save you.

Taking on the hardest challenge on the LLM online scene maybe its bravery, maybe it’s a little bit of madness, more than likely the drink but it’s a challenge we’re up for and ready to tackle head on.

Starting once again in the Scots 3rd Division these brave soul from across the globe will challenge to rule Scottish football and bring the glory days back to the SPL.

Full Clan rules, information, applications and some drunken rants will be available on the Clan Website, http://www.sundayclan.co.uk.

Match updates and managerial assassinations to follow on this thread.

As the late Great Bill Shankly once said about the Legend, “Jock, you are immortal now “

Can any of us get even close ??????

Clan Status

The Scots Sunday Clan is currently full, so sorry no asking for a spot places, the clan will follow the forum rules and only recruit from the available players thread and applications will only be accepted via our website.

Form only available when places are available.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

si%20forum%20banner.JPG

The Scots Sunday Clan, lower league management at its best is back.

Once again taking on the lowest depths of Scottish football, no money, no players and very little fans only your managerial ability will save you.

Taking on the hardest challenge on the LLM online scene maybe its bravery, maybe it’s a little bit of madness, more than likely the drink but it’s a challenge we’re up for and ready to tackle head on.

Starting once again in the Scots 3rd Division these brave soul from across the globe will challenge to rule Scottish football and bring the glory days back to the SPL.

Full Clan rules, information, applications and some drunken rants will be available on the Clan Website, http://www.sundayclan.co.uk.

Match updates and managerial assassinations to follow on this thread.

As the late Great Bill Shankly once said about the Legend, “Jock, you are immortal now “

Can any of us get even close ??????

Clan Status

The Scots Sunday Clan is currently full, so sorry no asking for a spot places, the clan will follow the forum rules and only recruit from the available players thread and applications will only be accepted via our website.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bruce_g:

id like to join your clan but could not find application on the website, and is the clan going to be playin with FM2006? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

siforum_banner.jpg

The Clan Team Draw

It was in hushed silence as Iain Stewart approached the podium with the two text files in hand, Mr McGuinness please Join me on stage.

Mr McGuinness will preceed over tonights draw and ensure a fair and just draw takes place.

Now will Mr Toner and Mr Orr please join me and for the purpose of the draw Mr Orr will select a player number and Mr Toner a team number.

Silence please, Steve sit down.

And To The Draw

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

4 + 7 Az, Arbroath

10 + 1 Sav, East Fife

8 + 4 Iain, Berwick

1 + 5 Chris, East Stirling

9 + 3 Matt, Cowdenbeath

3 + 6 Gaz, Elgin

7 + 10 Davie, Albion

2 + 8 Stevie "bod", Stenhousemuir

6 + 2 Nuke, Montrose

5 + 9 Steve, Queens Park

</pre>

And that concludes the draw for The Scots Sunday Clan 2006, I'd like to thank Mr Orr, Mr McGuinness and Mr Toner for their help, Steve please sit down, Security to the main stage please........

Thank you all for attending, game rules and details will be set in stone over the next few days and kick off date annouced, asap....

Basically were watching another online game thats crashed already icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

It was in hushed silence as Iain Stewart approached the podium with the two text files in hand, Mr McGuinness please Join me on stage.

Mr McGuinness will preceed over tonights draw and ensure a fair and just draw takes place.

Now will Mr Toner and Mr Orr please join me and for the purpose of the draw Mr Orr will select a player number and Mr Toner a team number.

Silence please, Steve sit down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More people there making the draw than the SFA use icon_eek.gif

Good luck lads. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

More people there making the draw than the SFA use icon_eek.gif

Good luck lads. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get your arse back into the online game Jimbo. We need someone to blame the testers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm gonna give the game a month of play testing have a wee read of how new FM06 games are going and then hopefully find a clan to join. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

Well Jimbo,

you know the scots clan will always have a wee place for the oldest member of the Two Eight One One Club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will be my first port of call. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

Isn't Jim the oldest member of all his clubs?

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll have to ask the testers that. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

Heh didn't realise it was the 30th and you'd posted today. I'm still drunk icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Drunk and you have East Stirling icon_biggrin.gif

elgin.jpg

"Who? Elgin City?, that cant be right awww man" the new man charged with raising Elgin from the depths of the 3rd division was overheard proclaiming.

Looking around the squad not one player stands out, when you have a forward who can't score and a central defender who can't tackle you know there is gonna be some problems. With no money to spend it's going to be a tough job for the gaffers in the 3rd but with a smile and a grunt most of them seem to have got on with it.

Toner however after watching Elgin in training was pretty much looking at the jobs page already. Time will tell if he can do anything with the current crop of neverwillbe's or wheter he will jump ship given the chance, one things for sure they are fun times ahead at Elgin shitty.

eaststirling.jpg

Hello, my name is Chris Nicol and i'm the new manager of East Stirlingshire Football Club.

I've got ambitions for the club and for my managerial career. I want to be in the SPL and i'd love to be there with the Shire. First of all with the Shire we have to try not to finish in 10th place 20 points of 9th.

Having looked at the players I know some upheaval is required, the lads need trained and the squad needs some class. I'll do my upmost to acheive this and hopefully we can have some good times down Firs Park way in the not to distant future.

berwick.jpg

"Full house ! beat that Rab, whit you canny you say eh, thought you could play poker." laughs Stewart as he slams his card down.

"Right you oh me £1200, cough up. whit you mean you canny?" spat Stewart

"How about a job?" Stuttered Robert Wilson.

"Whit kinda job, that wee fitba team of yours eh, manager, well I've always fancied it" smiled Stewart.

And thats how me Iain Stewart became the new gaffer of Berwick Rangers, in the Scottish 3rd Division.

However after taking my 1st training session and watch some friendlies, the complete lack of cash for transfers or wages, I'm beginning to think that Mr Wilson took me for a right mug !

Well its a challange.

eastfife.jpg

Manager Robertson looked at the team on the training pitch, ball’s he thought to himself. This was going to be a huge task but one he needed to cut his teeth as a new Manager. No less than nine new managers were joining him in the Scots third.

Robertson picked up the phone

“Can the Club Scouts be brought in for a meeting?â€

Secretary

“Scouts Sir, hmmm we have Mark Allan. I’ll get him to come inâ€

Robertson

“We have one Scout, greatâ€

The manager looked up some available Staff and made some calls, he’d need at least two new faces to start building. Scouting would be key with a budget of six thousands but by the end of the day he’d got two in.

This was going to be a steep learning curve indeed, but at least most of the new managers were in the same boat, and a shaky one at that.

Aye changed day’s, I could not even afford to buy Adriano’s packed lunch. But hey at least I’ll no be the first to jump ship there’s some with the life jackets on already I bet. icon_wink.gif

Dennan

hows it going bud, very long time, still in the band ? Going well a hope.

Spoke to turps a few months back, last I've heard from him, told me he was moving into the country for a bit of the peacefull life, all the best to him a say.

Games just back up after a wee break, but had to call of sunday there due to a wee work emergancy being thrown on me, but back to normal this weekend, LLM at its best bud !

Glad you are still going strong#!

Yeh last i heard turps was moving house anyway, yeh still in a band and that m8, and also doing bloody nightshift so no time for a clan game wich is a bitch..

Anyway need to catch ya on msn for a catch up soon, tarra

stenhousemuir.jpg

Stenny Superstars on Strike?

The appointment of Stevie "Bod" McGuinness to the charge of Larberts finest was, to say the least, a little controversial. The fact he had no management experience except in online football management games was a little suspect, the fact the dietician he brought in was a drinking buddie from Toryglen and immediately put everyone onto a Fish Supper & Red Kola diet concerned a few players, and when he announced he was bringing in a "Sports Psychologist" because the players seemed to be losing their focus, all hell broke loose.

Especially when the Sports Psychologist turned out to be Jock Brown.

"Look, theres nobody at this club works harder than me, I spend several hours each day working out ways to say things in an even more verbose manner, and I can assure you that nobody here is in danger of being sold at the moment"

"Hawd on a minute" sais JP McBride, "Who said anything about sales? Youre supposed to motivate us to improve oor gemme, youre gonna be the man that tells us how to focus on the challenge ahead and be first to every ball, never give up, never surrender".

Brown took out his notepad. "McBride - Closet Hun, has an obsession with not surrendering".

"Look lad, youve played with the finest players of a generation at Celtic Park, and been part of the biggest revolution at the club in history. I mean, you played with the likes of Simon Donnelly , Steve Fulton , Gary Gillespie, and you even once got on the end of a Stuart Slater cross. You dont need me to tell you how to motivate yourself. Just keep telling yourself theres plenty in the biscuit tin to cover your wages, you wont be sold *cough*traded*cough* and the club is on a solid financial footing and aiming high for the season"

"Broon , youre fulla ****. Ive seen mair motivation far a dead pidgeon on a railway line. Lads, ive heard enough of this *****. Either they sack this bampot or we dont play for the club"

"Youll be breaching your contract McBride. Youll never play top class football in this country again!" screamed Brown, failing to realise that European Football at Ochilview was already pretty thin on the ground, and the last cup lifted here was in the boardroom when he had his coffee this morning.

"And wheres the coach. The gaffer. Hes been at the club now for nearly 6 weeks and naebody's seen him. Even wee McGrillen thinks thats a bit daft, and he worked under Ivano Bonetti."

"The Gaffer" explained Brown "Is utilising the clubs significant budget to go on a worldwide scouting mission to strengthen the squad. His knowledge of world football can only be good for this club"

McBride squinted towards the office. He was sure he could see someone in there. The wee guy was on a computer and could be seen going red in the face and hitting the screen. The penny dropped.

"Ya lying bastard" he screamed "Hes in there playing FM06 isnt he. His scouting network revolves around the Good Player Guide, and his extensive budget is the club paying for a 1 meg broadband connection. Thats it, im gone, this clubs away to hell, and im no staying to be part of it."

Brown got out the notepad and ticked off the next name. "McBride. £300 a week : removed. Next highest earner : McGrillen - £275 a week."

albion.jpg

dr2logo.gif

the former Faifley Colts all-star was offered the hot seat at Cliftonhill

speaking on Radio Scotland the former Faifley Colt player was stating his desire to lead the Coatbridge club to the next level, actually winning a game.

off-air

Richard Gordon - keep this short ok , jesus your only the Albion Rovers gaffer, hardly the job of the century

Davie Orr - aye whit ever, ya ginga tit

on-air

RG - so Dave great to have you on the show

DO - aye nice to be back in Scotland again

RG - you spend a few years in England , do you think its helped you alot, in your style of management??

DO - naw , just gave me a dodgy twang to my accent ,my love

RG - ho ho hes a funny guy , over to you Jim

off-air

Jim Spence - did he call you a ginga tit, Richard??

RG - yes[as the fists being to fly]

tbc

Archived