had a good session yesterday. i love this game!

i played fm08 for most of the day yesterday and the addiction was still there for me.

maybe before i felt that the 3d match engine would make everything too obvious and i couldn't let my mind fill in the gaps but it works so well.

i love the fact that its tough and you have to work to do well, i love the way the players shimmy past a defender and curl the ball into the top corner of the net.

i love the way my defenders hussle the ball off the attacker and also the goal celebrations.

i'm not too keen on the media chats you have to do though. the main reason is that when it references your previous comments it doesn't always match.

for example the media asks a question about whether you think your next oppos player is any good. it will then reference the fact that previously you said that a completely differen player was "OK". as if its linking the two together.

apart from that i dont have any major problems with the match engine apart from the subs floating around but i can live with that.

i often wonder why people complain about the indepth nature of FM. and i often think to myself

"if i want to rocket jump i wont play a 'brothers in arms' game"

"if i want to play a game where my airplane pays scant regard to the laws of physics i wont play a microsoft flight sim"

and equally.

"if i want to play a game that is not so steeped in realism then i wont play an FM game"

just gushing over the game. ignore me if you like :)

I'm glad to see you're enjoying the game. I can't even play it at the moment as my stupid laptop has packed up and been sent off to the workshop. My garage! infact I should be down there now fixing it, but I can't be bothered :D

I don't think it's waffle at all and it's better than a majority of the threads on the forum atm.

I think he's trying to say that he enjoys the game because it is hard and it's engrossing, I don't share that opinion and think FM09 stinks.

If that is what he is saying then I thoroughly agree with him. I am really enjoying the game.

Any reason why you believe FM09 "stinks"

Tom: I do love the word, and the waffles themselves.

I don't think it's waffle at all and it's better than a majority of the threads on the forum atm.

I think he's trying to say that he enjoys the game because it is hard and it's engrossing, I don't share that opinion and think FM09 stinks.

Do you think? There's no talking points about it. Just to either agree or disagree with him. I tend to disagree with him, like yourself Nomis07.

yep. i love FM because its FM. it is what it is and nothing less. :)

I know exactly what he means

In simple terms he enjoys the game. Additionally he is saying if people find it complicated maybe play an arcade football game because this IS a football management sim, its not supposed to be easy

Furthermore I agree with Postal Postie in respect of the game. I've played everyone since the first on the Amiga...I'm still hooked

Do you think? There's no talking points about it. Just to either agree or disagree with him. I tend to disagree with him, like yourself Nomis07.

Well I give you the first point :) As for why I don't like it, it would turn into a moan thread and that's not fair on the OP's positive approach. It boils down to 3D and the backwards steps 2D as taken.

Well I give you the first point :) As for why I don't like it, it would turn into a moan thread and that's not fair on the OP's positive approach. It boils down to 3D and the backwards steps 2D as taken.

even though I like the 3D I would prefer 2D and find it unplayable due to lag.

even though I like the 3D I would prefer 2D and find it unplayable due to lag.

My problem isn't lag, but the representation of certain goings on during the game. Perhaps the problem is that we can see things going wrong in 3D, that we can't in 2D. If FM09 had 08's 2D view, I would be perfectly happy. It doesn't, so i'm not.

My problem isn't lag, but the representation of certain goings on during the game. Perhaps the problem is that we can see things going wrong in 3D, that we can't in 2D. If FM09 had 08's 2D view, I would be perfectly happy. It doesn't, so i'm not.

Well, I am slowly getting used to the normal 2D view but the lag is driving me mad. That is a fair point you make. I also don't like the way it looks visually, in normal view (non TV) the 2D pitch looks squashed and ugly, while in TV view I can not swap between the game and the match stats without a widget which disrupts my view.

Archived