Training Stats Decrease

I've looked through the existing training threads and logged bugs but haven't found anything to cover off my exact issue.

Bit of background:

Playing as the mighty Witton Albion in the Conference Premier, with average training facilities.

I've had a promising youth striker for a couple of years now (came through at 16 is now 18), in his first year he was just in the u18s and reserves squad on a generic training schedule and was improving nicely. I gave him a couple of cup games (on as a sub) to ease him into first team football.

By the start of the second season the coach report confirmed what I thought, and he was a great prospect for the future, so I decided to really build him up (mainly to sell him as I need the cash). So I've given him a nice contract, and put him in the first team up front with my main striker.

To aid in his off the pitch development, I've set him to learn from one of the more experienced and mentally strong older players in my team (I chose the "role model" personal training option)

Given my prior knowledge to this, I was quite prepared for his normal stats to not increase, and was even willing for them to decrease during the personal training period whilst he focused on his hidden stats and became a bit more stronger off the pitch to cope with the fame he's bound to receive.

The problem has arisen, because after 6 months of personal training with a good mentor and playing regular first team football (and scoring at a decent rate too) the personal training has ended and he's "upset that he failed to learn anything from his personal training".

:(

Excellent, so his stats ALL decreased over the 6 months, some attributes actually dropped below the starting level that he had at the beginning of the season and now I find out it's all for nothing... where exactly has the earned CA points been spent if they aren't on viewable attributes and the in-game notification says nothing behind the scenes has improved either?

I may be missing the ball here, but between knowledge of previous games, knowledge from these forums and from reading the manual I can't explain it.

Can anyone give any insight?

Archived