Demo works - will full game work?

Hi there, I'm new to the FM series, but I downloaded the demo from Steam the other day and have become hooked by this game. The demo worked fine on my laptop, so I was wondering if the full game will run the same?

I was gutted to stop halfway through the season, and now I really want to continue, but I have read about so many issues with this game, that I'm not sure if I am wasting the £18 to buy it. My laptop is quite basic by current standards, with no fancy graphics card, but it handled the demo well. I just want to know if how the demo played is an indication of how the full game will play? Thanks for any replies. :thup:

I think what was said when the demo first came out was that if your computer can handle the demo, it should be able to handle the full game. Furthermore the patches have improved compatibility issues.

Yep, the full game will run the same. It might even run slightly better for you once patched. :thup:

Im tempted now...:p

It surprised me that the demo even worked on my laptop, as it just about meets the min. spec, but I see people struggling with powerful processors and expensive graphics cards. My laptop is a basic Dell XPS M1330 by the way (I had no choice in the specs BTW).

Was it the strawberry or vanilla demo?

And yes the demo save game is compatible with the full game eg. you can continue :)

It was the strawberry one :)

Hmm, i shouldn't have left it so late...Amazon and HMV are £18, but I'll have to wait for years for it to arrive. I might pop down to Tesco later and hope they have it for around £25. :cool:

Thanks everyone for the quick replies :D

It was the strawberry one :)

Hmm, i shouldn't have left it so late...Amazon and HMV are £18, but I'll have to wait for years for it to arrive. I might pop down to Tesco later and hope they have it for around £25. :cool:

Thanks everyone for the quick replies :D

You can get it immediately off of Steam, everyone slated but i have had no problems whatsoever! Just buy it and download, then its gets patched/updated automatically!

Which is better, downloading from Steam or buying from a shop?

Are all of these errors and bugs common and would downloading from Steam prevent anything bad happening? I don't really want to go through loads of hassle and if buying from a shop will give me grief can somebody please warn me now!

Sorry mate, but I have gone through the same process as you and it is not as clear cut as the demo works so therefore the game will work. And the comment about patches helping compatibility isnt something I experienced.

My demo worked fine, and as such I bought the game.

The game also started up fine and on minimal setup was playable if not painfully slow.

However, on downloading patch 9.1 the game would no longer boot up and the DX file required to solve the issue would not install, S1023 error which no one had a solution for when I last looked.

I spoke to Sega and they were unable to offer a solution and said that my laptop was below spec so there is no guarantee it would run - which really frustrated me seeing the demo and unpatched game worked fine.

In the end I just bought a new laptop and have to say 9.2 is great.

However, just be wary that playing the game unpatched is no fun at all, unplayable on so many levels.... I hope you see the funny side of strikers that can play 20 games and not score and injuries on par with a warzone.

What are the specs of your comp ? Im sure you will be fine as mine was like 4 years old so was due an update anyway

Sorry mate, but I have gone through the same process as you and it is not as clear cut as the demo works so therefore the game will work. And the comment about patches helping compatibility isnt something I experienced.

My demo worked fine, and as such I bought the game.

The game also started up fine and on minimal setup was playable if not painfully slow.

However, on downloading patch 9.1 the game would no longer boot up and the DX file required to solve the issue would not install, S1023 error which no one had a solution for when I last looked.

I spoke to Sega and they were unable to offer a solution and said that my laptop was below spec so there is no guarantee it would run - which really frustrated me seeing the demo and unpatched game worked fine.

In the end I just bought a new laptop and have to say 9.2 is great.

However, just be wary that playing the game unpatched is no fun at all, unplayable on so many levels.... I hope you see the funny side of strikers that can play 20 games and not score and injuries on par with a warzone.

What are the specs of your comp ? Im sure you will be fine as mine was like 4 years old so was due an update anyway

Dell XPS M1330 Laptop

2GB RAM

1.83GHz Dual Core Processor

Not too sure about graphics (nothing fancy), but the demo worked.

Hopefully it will work, because tbh I don't exactly have £25 lying around to spare. :(

If it doesn't work, dya reckon a retailer will refund me? Let's hope so :eek:

Dell XPS M1330 Laptop

2GB RAM

1.83GHz Dual Core Processor

Not too sure about graphics (nothing fancy), but the demo worked.

Hopefully it will work, because tbh I don't exactly have £25 lying around to spare. :(

If it doesn't work, dya reckon a retailer will refund me? Let's hope so :eek:

The retailer won't refund you. On FM09 there are 'seats'. When the game is installed on the computer it takes up one seat.

We get 5 seats for FM09. So when the game is installed, there are 4 seats left. So the shop wouldn't take it back, as there is a chance you culd have installed it on 5 different computers, used all the seats, and taken back an empty disc.

Archived