Why this game makes me angry #2

It seems the moderators in all their grace have closed the previous threat for no good reason (why did you do that?! We were having a debate!). Here's another.

However this time I'd like to point and laugh at myself... last night at the Newcastle v Spurs game, there were not one but TWO perfect FM2009 goals....

Goal #1 - Shay Given punts a stupid ball, which flights over the hapless Spurs defence only for NZogbia to control it and score a cheap goal that would have made Harry Redknapp seriously angry @ SI, if only it wasn't real.

Goal # 2 - NUFC lose the ball in the Spurs half. Dawson, possessed by the spirit of Pele, performs a trademark FM2009 SUPERSONIC-TACKLE-TURNS-INTO-PERFECT-40-YARD-DRAGONBALLZ-THROUGH-BALL-OMG-ASSIST.

Is this a case of life imitating art?

Also, I seem to have resolved some of the idiot defending issues by using global training. Any thoughts on that?

It seems the moderators in all their grace have closed the previous threat for no good reason (why did you do that?! We were having a debate!). Here's another.

Too many idiotic posts and people who thought it was cool to laugh at Down's Syndrome. They derailed the thread, so blame them, not us.

However this time I'd like to point and laugh at myself... last night at the Newcastle v Spurs game, there were not one but TWO perfect FM2009 goals....

Goal #1 - Shay Given punts a stupid ball, which flights over the hapless Spurs defence only for NZogbia to control it and score a cheap goal that would have made Harry Redknapp seriously angry @ SI, if only it wasn't real.

Goal # 2 - NUFC lose the ball in the Spurs half. Dawson, possessed by the spirit of Pele, performs a trademark FM2009 SUPERSONIC-TACKLE-TURNS-INTO-PERFECT-40-YARD-DRAGONBALLZ-THROUGH-BALL-OMG-ASSIST.

Is this a case of life imitating art?

Also, I seem to have resolved some of the idiot defending issues by using global training. Any thoughts on that?

I've seen quite a few people complaining about the long ball from goal keeper that leads to goals - this, I believe, is somewhat fixed in 9.2.0 patch.

well he has actually proved himself wrong. he says that the long ball punt adds no realism but i have seen it so many times this weekend. given's goal, keane's goal are just some of the one's i saw yesterday. stop picking fault with everything you see and actually take time to compliment the game.

He is not picking fault. He is laughing at himself, as he states in the first post.

I thought exactly the same thing after seeing N'Zogbia's goal on MOTD 2 btw.

yes, I was laughing at myself, after all the moaning about these kinds of goals and then we get 2 in the same match. I thought it was kind of funny. Of course I think it happens a bit too often in FM, but it was worth a laugh nonetheless.

It does seem that it's less of an issue with the new patch...

Also, I got a major improvement when I reverted to 100% general training for all players. Has anyone else found this?

I lol'ed when Shay Given created that goal, the first thing that jumped into my head was the Redknapp needed to 9.2 patch. Classic moment in FM history for me

Yep, me too. Also two similar goals in the Arsenal - Liverpool match. Only it was outfielders punting the ball up from deep in their half. I could see Wenger going "WTF?!!? SI, you are mad! Robbie Keane can't score for toffee all ****************** season and then he does THAT volley? I want my £30 back."

Yep, me too. Also two similar goals in the Arsenal - Liverpool match. Only it was outfielders punting the ball up from deep in their half. I could see Wenger going "WTF?!!? SI, you are mad! Robbie Keane can't score for toffee all ****************** season and then he does THAT volley? I want my £30 back."

Just got this picture of Arsene in the post match conference:

"Disappointed with the result Arsene?"

"Well you know i think eet ees unrealistic for Robbie Keane to score from the long ball even though i 'av patched my game. And the officials are all crooks etc."

I've forwarded this thread to Paul Collyer and asked him to patch real football...:)

LOL!! can you ask him to put a data update in there as-well something along the lines joe lewis now has a tube of bostik in case his handling goes again and maybe give p'boro utd 200mill and a rep of 9500

cheers!!!!

yay 100th post

(sorry)

Archived