Managing 2 different teams on the same day at the same time.

Hi, my son is managing Nigeria and Bradford PA, (after getting sacked by Spurs).

He recently had both an International and a Conference North fixture on the same day at the same time but being played y different teams in different continents.

I told him that he should expect his Ass Man to control his Bradford PA side, (as if he was banned), however when it actually came to the games he was able to control each game as if he was there in person.

I wrongly assumed this was a bug so posted in the bugs forum but nbrocky of the testing team has advised me that this is how the game is coded currently so it's not technically a bug.

This feature would aid realism significantly and should be pretty easy to introduce so perhaps we could get it in for future issues.

Cheers.

Re. realism, for the most part it is a rare occurrence that a manager would be in charge of a nation at the same time as a club though. It does happen now and then IRL but by no means is the be-all-and-end-all, and I'd like FM to reflect that (some nations should ask you to quit your club job first before taking over).

I completely agree with that, and also the other way round.

A big club might not be happy to allow you time away from their club while you manage a National team.

It shouldn't be a hard and fast ruke but should be determined by the club, and also the current chairman.

I had a similar situation when in charge of Cameroon and Newcastle, especially during african nations cup, some matches on the same day others a day apart. yes not much realism just have to use your imagination, i was at the african nations but emailed my ass man with instructions and had a live feed to the newcastle match in my hotel room. lol

Archived