PDA

View Full Version : Worst start - Best finish

margaritop4p
22-12-2008, 08:27
I'm just wondering if anybody has had terrible starts to the season, but still won the league title, won a cup, or gone on an unbeaten run?

In my debut season with Tottenham in FM2007, I lost my first five games. I soon changed a few things around and went the rest of the season undefeated. I won the title on the last day of the season. If I remember correctly, I only made two signings.

ryan2222
22-12-2008, 08:54
I've been 9th at christmas with Liverpool, and then come back to win the premiership title.

Nomis07
22-12-2008, 08:58
Argh I really want to answer this thread, but i'm doing a story about Udinese in the FMS forum and don't want to give away too much. I'll try and make it a spoiler. Anyone reading that story, do not highlight below.

I got knocked out in the first round of both the Uefa Cup and Coppa Italia. Sitting in 11th at Christmas, we had a fanatstic second half of the season and rallied up to 6th, just 2 points off 4th place.

mimland
24-12-2008, 00:56
First season with Lincoln I lost 5 out of the 7 first games and I thought it would be a season of struggling. Then by some wonder it turned completly and I won promotion.

bored101
24-12-2008, 01:27
struggled with real madrid on fm07 huge preasure on me went on a 27 match winning streak ( my best in my 9 years of playing fm) and won the league and got beat in the quater final of champions league i think i might have got the sack because of that.

jimbob0305
24-12-2008, 12:53
Started unemployed, and took over Sheffield United 6 or 7 games into the season with them in the relegation zone.

Lost first match in charge 4-3 to Colchester having led 3-2 with 2 minutes left.

Planned major changes, but window shutting meant I couldn't really change too much, and ended up not signing anyone all season.

With 2 games left, went top of the league, which I eventually won! Although technically I wasn't responsible for the bad start, still had to recover from it.