Who to go

hey everyone im starting a brand new game with the patch but im thinking who to go do i go for a big club or the lower leagues and which country or maybe start off unemployed and see where it takes me which i have never done before so has anyone out there got any suggestions about who i should go.

hey everyone im starting a brand new game with the patch but im thinking who to go do i go for a big club or the lower leagues and which country or maybe start off unemployed and see where it takes me which i have never done before so has anyone out there got any suggestions about who i should go.

I recommend starting out in the Australian A League and going Melbourne Victory, the competition is very even and the quality is probably medium. Once you have spent a few seasons getting your rep up then you can move to a bigger club.

I would say start unemployed and work your way up. It's the best way to enjoy the game, at least for me.

If that doesn't sound interesting, try going to a league you wouldn't normally go to. Sometimes trying something new brings that addiction back. :)

Depends on your game experience! Starting off lower league can be very harsh!

I have a couple of games on the go, they are:-

Luton - Save team from relegation with a -30 point deduction

Newcastle - Try and build the team back up again, and you get a board takeover!

Wolves - Get them promoted and try to push up the prem

Man City - Just to see what and who i can buy, it gets boring very quickly

Im also just about start unemployed for a career game to see where i go! I hear Shakhtar Donetsk is quite fun!

Parma in Serie B is good place to start... as is Ferencvaros in Hungary's Div 2 East.

But, if you're planning a good long term managerial career - start as unemployed and work your way up. Very enjoyable

A few years ago there was a really nice little programme that generated a random club for you to play as. This thread got me thinking it would be cool if there was a newer version which had some tick-box filters eg Lower Legue, Non European, Sleeping Giant, Blue Chip, No Hopers, Stinking Rich, Bankrupt etc

User could tick a couple of boxes, the little programme would do its stuff and spit out a few options with some details eg club name, reputation, nation, league, starting cash.

It wouldn't need to be complicated, its just a database look up - something written in VB would probably do. Now, if only I had any programming skills at all!

What do people think?

Archived