Work permits/feeder clubs question

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I can't find a thread addressing this. I thought the point of Arsenal having Salamanca as a feeder was to get foreign players work permits quicker than in England, right? And for most players, e.g. Carlos Vela, it only takes a couple of years. Fine so far. But I just signed a Nigerian striker, loaned him out to Salamanca as usual planning for a two-year work permit... and it says it's going to take FIVE YEARS! In England it would only take four...

Is there a reason why for some players (perhaps of some nationalities?) it takes a different amount of time in different countries to gain a permit? Shouldn't SI have incorporated into the game, if so? I have now spent money on a youth prospect who can't play until his contract expires...

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I can't find a thread addressing this. I thought the point of Arsenal having Salamanca as a feeder was to get foreign players work permits quicker than in England, right? And for most players, e.g. Carlos Vela, it only takes a couple of years. Fine so far. But I just signed a Nigerian striker, loaned him out to Salamanca as usual planning for a two-year work permit... and it says it's going to take FIVE YEARS! In England it would only take four...

Is there a reason why for some players (perhaps of some nationalities?) it takes a different amount of time in different countries to gain a permit? Shouldn't SI have incorporated into the game, if so? I have now spent money on a youth prospect who can't play until his contract expires...

I don't know the exact details but it has something to do with players from South American Spanish speaking nations requiring less time to gain citizenship in Spain.

SI really need to add some pop up stuff in game that gives explanations of all of these types of things when a gamer is presented with the decision.

It takes 5 years in England as well as far as I know.

Depending on your database set up Nigeria might not have many 'real' players so I would suggest having a quick look at the Nigerian squad. If they are lacking your regen might have more chance of getting a call up while playing regularly at Salamanca than sitting in your reserves thus reducing the wait for getting a work permit if he hits the 75% requirement. So keep an eye on if/when he gets a call up, and offer him a new contract every few months to see if he gets a permit straight up.

Explaining the rules for this must be a priority for FM09! It's funny how FM08 takes a very explanation-heavy outlook for some things, but not for others. Inconsistent. Same with media coverage really; Everton were top of the league for three-quarters of my first season without a second glance from the media, yet they badgered me twice daily about players on my shortlist.

Archived