Too many goals now 9.2

DP

Before anyone says it's my tactics, I'm basing this on results for AI teams.

Post patch, especially when the top teams are involved, there seem to be far too many high scoring games and hat tricks all over the place. 0-0's are pretty rare.

It feels exactly like FM08. Patch 9.1 seemed perfect but now the matches are too high scoring. Really p1ssing me off as it kills the realism.

Anyone else seeing this?

I have the same - more goals in not-mine matches... I'm managing MU, and have observed a couple of high-scoring results - I can even risk, that each week there's at least one such game resulting in 5-x (where X is always at least 1); once I had Liverpool and Arsenal winning their matches 5:2 and 5:1 respectively, while Wigan lost to Newcastle 3:5!

oh this has got to be a joke right?

everyone was going on about not scoring and now people are scoring too much ... is this a wind up :p

no, 9.2 is the wind up.

terrible, terrible patch. unrealistic reaults all over the place.

no, 9.2 is the wind up.

terrible, terrible patch. unrealistic reaults all over the place.

Half way through the 1st season on my save there is not a single team in the prem that scores 2 goals/game on the average. Offcourse there are some high scoring games & some upsets, but hardly too many goals on my game ...

i think ryknow has hit the nail on the head here.

it's the top teams that are scoring too much.

man utd 6 arsenal 1

liverpool 3 man utd 4

man utd 2 barcelona 5

these results happened within a month of each other.

surely this needs to be looked at. it seemed perfect 9.1

I completely and utterly disagree. On patch 9.1.0 there wasn't a single team in Europe that achieved a 2 goals/game ratio in my game. I had the Italian Seria A running, the Spanish Liga, the French Ligue 1, the Bundesliga, the Dutch Eredivisie (extremely high scoring league in real life) and ofc the Prem. Not a single team! There was the completely dominant Arsenal that easily ran away with the league yet they barely scored 70 goals. Teams like Real Madrid, Barça and Atletico didn't get out of the 60's. In all those leagues there wasn't a single top scorer with 20+ goals. The Dutch top scorer had about 19 goals, while it should be almost double that looking at recent figures.

As an experienced FM player, I only managed 58 league goals with Man Utd, while still playing very good attacking football and finishing close to Arsenal. I'm not the perfect manager and I had to spend some time figuring out the game, but still 58 goals is appalling for such a squad. And looking at the other figures in my game, every other team was struggling to score. 9.1.0 was extremely flawed as far as goal scoring was concerned. I can't judge 9.2.0 yet, as I haven't even finished 1 season on it. But so far, I'm achieving a 2.2 goals/game ratio and several other top teams are getting similar results. Seems very, very fair.

It feels exactly like FM08. Patch 9.1 seemed perfect but now the matches are too high scoring. Really p1ssing me off as it kills the realism.

I'm sure you're one of the few people who think 8.1 was perfect (strangely I am one of those people as well), but I haven't noticed too many goals on 9.2.

I feel sorry for SI though, pre patch there are too few and post patch too many, perhaps someone could tell us what amount they think would be realistic.

Too many goals. Not enough goals. Is anyone happy or do people just like to come up with bugs in their spare time.

Personally, I think people see things and exaggerate it. They then read what someone else has written and they believe that.

FM09 has nothing out of the ordinary. Ok, so there are things that could be better. SI will admit that, but nothing makes the game unplayable.

Strikers score enough. Few strikers score 30+ goals a season in the real world. It makes sense that they don't in FM.

Scorelines are nowhere near as large as they were in FM08. People see one or two big ones and their minds go all ape on them.

Defenses are fine. As far as I am concerned patch 9.2.0 fixed any long ball problems.

There is a bit of dithering on the ball by some players, and often they seem to take an age to reach a ball. This can cause a problem with opposition players getting there first, but it's not a game breaker. It doesn't result in an abundance of opposition goals. I often put it down to the fact that the pitch is merely a representation of the game that is being played out by the code. Maybe I'm wrong but, like I said, I see few problems.

The game is very playable and I'm enjoying it.

sorry if this has been said in the wrong place.

but the "goal bug" is hasnt been removed in the new patch? i am a little confused because my strikers get clear cut chances e.g. one on ones and miss quite badly? also i have reconigised the one on one's always hit the keeper?

why do some say the new patch is amazing, while others say its a total flop? how come it varies?

it's quite possible that continued saves have some issues even if SI say patches should work 100% with save games i honestly doubt that's true. i continued my save and football reallly seems weird. it would be useful if people wouldn't argue about whether the patch is good or not. instead we could try to work things out. maybe a good start would be to state if you have continued the save or started a new game :thup:

it's quite possible that continued saves have some issues even if SI say patches should work 100% with save games i honestly doubt that's true. i continued my save and football reallly seems weird. it would be useful if people wouldn't argue about whether the patch is good or not. instead we could try to work things out. maybe a good start would be to state if you have continued the save or started a new game :thup:

i have continued my save game. but do I need to start a new game to make my strikers score more often in an one on ones situation?

We test with games from 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 and see no difference in the statistics produced by the match engine between any of them.

SI don't listen to this thread about too many goals.....it is perfect....

people complain....there was not enough goals...now they complain there is too many....wtf

:(

In our experience people will always complain about something but if anyone is willing to provide any real evidence then we will of course look into it.

maybe this might be random. but when i applyed this patch in march (in the game). my strikers were content. i was winning 2-0, 2-1, 3-0, 4-1.

but comming towards the end of the season the strikers are missing more easier chances? is this because its comming to the end of the season and the players are getting more worn out?

I would rather that games were 5-3's instead of 1-0's. Makes the game way more fun to watch. Isn't football supposed to be an exciting game to watch and play?

Or has playing the game changed since I last played a Junior League game and got thrashed 11-0?

i think there needs to be the right balance of '0-0's and '5-3's. 910 was quite spot on about it and it seems 920 is also as far you could see in few matches i played on the last patch.

Before anyone says it's my tactics, I'm basing this on results for AI teams.

Post patch, especially when the top teams are involved, there seem to be far too many high scoring games and hat tricks all over the place. 0-0's are pretty rare.

Anyone else seeing this?

its their tactics

(sorry couldnt help it):p

All I was looking for was a bit of reassurance and I've got it now ;)

I'm just reporting what I've noticed. Yes, there were slightly too few in 9.1 and it seems to me after a season of 9.2 that there are too many goals involving the big teams.

IT'S JUST AN OBSERVATION NOT A COMPLAINT.

Just wanting to see what you guys feel

I would rather that games were 5-3's instead of 1-0's. Makes the game way more fun to watch. Isn't football supposed to be an exciting game to watch and play?

Or has playing the game changed since I last played a Junior League game and got thrashed 11-0?

It's meant to be realistic.

It's meant to be realistic.

That argument has run it's course IMO, actually it was never particularly plausible IMO. We want realism in amount of goals, but no realism as we negotiate contracts and transfers rather than a DOF. We want realism in how teams perform in leagues, but we want to be able to take a Blue Square team to the CL final within 10 seasons. Realism has it's limits and isn't an adequate complaint about the game.

Archived