What the hell is up with this new patch?

My players are acting stupid, being one on one and changing direction backwards.

I can't save the game on matchday.

I don't even have the team settings button anymore.

And worst of all SO FAR, i cannot make a new manager on my old savegame, because everytime i make one i cannot confirm the captains, the button just stays there, ignores me even though i click on it a hundred times.

Okay, i just tried making a whole new game with the 9.2.0 database, and it won't allow me to confirm there either, my seasonal expectations either.

Soon more to come, probably.

Edit: Oh cool, seems like i can't save the game at all!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FM09 is the most bugged game I have ever played in my 20 years of gaming and I won't be giving them any more of my money.

To all at SI..... forget about FM10 and just make a game that WORKS! The ME is awful (keepers standing still with ball and being robbed, defenders scoring own goals when under no pressure, wing backs putting ball out for corner when not under pressure etc etc etc), you need a degree to decipher the tactics to get one that works, the strikers couldn't score if I offered them a night with Kelly Brook, and the ME is awful (might have already said that, but needed saying again).

For the love of God will you please just make the game logical. I am a driving instructor so you can imagine how patient I am, but this game is driving me to violence. I should NOT be dominating a game with 70% possession and 15 shots on target only to lose 1-nil because my keeper can't punt the ball downfield when a striker is bearing down on him. Utterly stupid. And yes, I have the 9.2 patch.

Please fix this game and forget about FM10.

FM09 is the most bugged game I have ever played in my 20 years of gaming and I won't be giving them any more of my money.

To all at SI..... forget about FM10 and just make a game that WORKS! The ME is awful (keepers standing still with ball and being robbed, defenders scoring own goals when under no pressure, wing backs putting ball out for corner when not under pressure etc etc etc), you need a degree to decipher the tactics to get one that works, the strikers couldn't score if I offered them a night with Kelly Brook, and the ME is awful (might have already said that, but needed saying again).

For the love of God will you please just make the game logical. I am a driving instructor so you can imagine how patient I am, but this game is driving me to violence. I should NOT be dominating a game with 70% possession and 15 shots on target only to lose 1-nil because my keeper can't punt the ball downfield when a striker is bearing down on him. Utterly stupid. And yes, I have the 9.2 patch.

Pure quality!!!:D:thup:

My players are acting stupid, being one on one and changing direction backwards.

I'm having the exact same problem. The game, match wise, was working fine before this second patch. Too many long shots, but I could deal with that.

Now, my players are acting like complete morons, running towards the ball and then just slowing down for no reason, and sometimes even going the wrong direction or ignoring the ball completely. They miss the easiest passes - and they miss them completely, not by inches.

The AI players also act weird: I scored a goal where nothing less than 5 defenders just watched the ball work its way through the entire area.

Mostly every game I play is buggy. It's very frustrating.

Incidentally, is there any way I can uninstall FM and install it again, applying only the first patch, through Steam? And can I do that without having to download it again?

And worst of all SO FAR, i cannot make a new manager on my old savegame, because everytime i make one i cannot confirm the captains, the button just stays there, ignores me even though i click on it a hundred times.

Okay, i just tried making a whole new game with the 9.2.0 database, and it won't allow me to confirm there either, my seasonal expectations either.

turn off skin cache and reload it, if that don't work use the default skin.

I'm having the exact same problem. The game, match wise, was working fine before this second patch. Too many long shots, but I could deal with that.

Now, my players are acting like complete morons, running towards the ball and then just slowing down for no reason, and sometimes even going the wrong direction or ignoring the ball completely. They miss the easiest passes - and they miss them completely, not by inches.

The AI players also act weird: I scored a goal where nothing less than 5 defenders just watched the ball work its way through the entire area.

Mostly every game I play is buggy. It's very frustrating.

Incidentally, is there any way I can uninstall FM and install it again, applying only the first patch, through Steam? And can I do that without having to download it again?

exactly what's happenening in my game. it's almost unwatchable, i thought it was about my squad being ungelled but actually it's the AI also...

just wondering, did you guys started a new game or continued the save as that might be the source of our problems? i continued the save...

exactly what's happenening in my game. it's almost unwatchable, i thought it was about my squad being ungelled but actually it's the AI also...

just wondering, did you guys started a new game or continued the save as that might be the source of our problems? i continued the save...

I continued my save too.

it could be it, but we do need more feedback from others. it's the first time i didn't start new game after patch. i remeber last year there was an issue happening to people who continued the save but i don't remeber what it was or was it ME related.

Has anyone tried starting a new game and using your existing tactics to see if that fixes the useless strikers?

I'm using the same tactic on my save games as I did before the patch and my strikers are on fire now.

By the way, I'm playing Blue Square North. I understand it's supposed to be low level, but what's happening almost every match is just completely moronic. Are you guys having the stupid players problem at a high level as well?

yeah, i'm spurs, things happening exactly as you described. cna't conect 3 passes even the easiest, players running in strange directions, dwelling, stoping...my team played really well before patch, started to gell, almost beat united (was leading 3-0) ;)

Si Games recommends that you start a new game after installing the new patch, they said that you can continue the saved game but to take full advantage of the new patch just start a new game. Even If your saved game is successful I would start a new game using the new patch.

this patch has ruined it. made it exactly like fm08.

9.1 had so much promise but they fukked up the tweaking to the extent where it's not realistic anymore.

ah well.

yeah maybe. all it was needed was to higher marking efficiancy and 1 on 1 ratio maybe. as i could see a lot of people are quite happy with patch. by the way did you continue your save?

I carried on my save game - everything works perfectly, i had a few tactical issues to start with (obviously where they tweaked it. but since then, all is good, nothing wrong so far (Appart from a weird bug with the number of scouts i can employ, but ive reported that already)

Si Games recommends that you start a new game after installing the new patch, they said that you can continue the saved game but to take full advantage of the new patch just start a new game. Even If your saved game is successful I would start a new game using the new patch.

well that's not exactly what SI say. they say it's save game competible. only DB changes and league rules aren't. but you're right, defenetly better to start new game. it's just strange that some of us are having problems and others don't. another thing that could have happened is that patch file got currupted while downloading...

yeah maybe. all it was needed was to higher marking efficiancy and 1 on 1 ratio maybe. as i could see a lot of people are quite happy with patch. by the way did you continue your save?

i did. does this make much difference?

well that's not exactly what SI say. they say it's save game competible. only DB changes and league rules aren't. but you're right, defenetly better to start new game. it's just strange that some of us are having problems and others don't. another thing that could have happened is that patch file got currupted while downloading...

His problem definitely sounds like patch installation gone wrong (eg. can't save game in some situations) or skin is not compatible/corrupted (some features not clickable).

I have no problems with weird players behavior, or saves .

And for others, i have no clue why people(kids) are that much against '09. If this is bad , i am scared to even think what you did with '08, that was utter disgrace and rubbish.

Unlike 8.0.2 game is quite playable(very playable) , it requires more thinking(comparing to none in '08) , but that comes with "real-life simulation" tag.

His problem definitely sounds like patch installation gone wrong (eg. can't save game in some situations) or skin is not compatible/corrupted (some features not clickable).

I have no problems with weird players behavior, or saves .

And for others, i have no clue why people(kids) are that much against '09. If this is bad , i am scared to even think what you did with '08, that was utter disgrace and rubbish.

Game is quite playable(very playable) , it requires more thinking , but that comes with "real-life simulation" tag.

do we need to uninstall FM or is it enough just to dowload and aplly the patch again?

i enjoyed 910 and wouldn't even compare it to 08. but as i said my matches do look quite strange after 902.

i guess SI will release a 3rd patch and i'll be starting a new game. well after 30 days of somewhat managable buggy play i get to kill my 3rd season with w ham. don't know where this new games route will take me but i will restart after 3rd patch also. so i will finally be up and running probably around the first of feb give or take. so by mid march i'll probably be in my 3rd season (where i am currently). i ordered 07 (new) off amazon the other day for $14 thats including shipping. So i may retire all this new yada yada until SI releases something that betters 07.

You can get 08 (new) for $11 shipping included. wonder if 09 will be $8. :)

does we need to uninstall FM or is it enough just to dowload and aplly the patch again?

i enjoyed 910 and wouldn't even compare it to 08. but as i said my matches do look quite strange after 902.

I would recommend fresh clean reinstall, because it could be any file that got corrupted/messed up. However from forums here(and other places) i noticed that some patches doesn't appear to be completely compatible.

example:

- If you didn't install game thru the Steam , but you activated that way. Steam 9.0.2 update will corrupt your game.Same goes if you downloaded thru steam and trying to update manually.

- needless to say , activating FM from DvD disk is more safe thru other option (not steam), and vice versa.Maybe itdoesn't causes any problems , but better safe then sorry.

- be sure to install FM in original folder (on XP c:/program files/ sports interactive/Football Manager 2009) so that patcher can for sure find all the needed files.

- try to play game with default skin, and stay away from any modded files (like .xls etc) till you are sure that game is working properly.I got tons of logos , kits and pics and mine woks just fine.

As for weird behavior, i noticed that patch (when works) added yet another layer of ingame tactics micro-management and possibly tactics dependence on training.I had to tweak mine in more detail in order to work on 9.2.After that i am finding 9.2 actually much easier then 9.1, since i can't concede any goals (1 in 17 games with Newport Co in BSS)

Could be also that corrupted data causes that behavior also.

Some tactics that were relaying heavy on FB bug would not work at all anymore.

i cant find anything wrong with it. I never have, works a dream for me

Same, its weird how so many people have different problems. Is it just down to the users PC and maybe a possible bug when updating took place?

Either way its going well so far, *touch wood*

my GK just made an assist but im hoping this was just a good goal kick and nothing more into it.

i aint been playing on fm loads but im having no problems so far with the new patch. but there are alot more goals in it than the previous patch i guess its just about getting it all right.

seems like u are using a copy version of the game. same problems like my friend had with his copy. BUY ORIGINAL!!!

the new patch of the game seems to make it worse than the 0.1 patch because i cant use the filter system at all because if i do i cant get off it and have to shut my P.C down and it wont let me bid for players because there is no ok button to accept the bid what is going on ?

I would recommend fresh clean reinstall, because it could be any file that got corrupted/messed up. However from forums here(and other places) i noticed that some patches doesn't appear to be completely compatible.

example:

- If you didn't install game thru the Steam , but you activated that way. Steam 9.0.2 update will corrupt your game.Same goes if you downloaded thru steam and trying to update manually.

- needless to say , activating FM from DvD disk is more safe thru other option (not steam), and vice versa.Maybe itdoesn't causes any problems , but better safe then sorry.

- be sure to install FM in original folder (on XP c:/program files/ sports interactive/Football Manager 2009) so that patcher can for sure find all the needed files.

- try to play game with default skin, and stay away from any modded files (like .xls etc) till you are sure that game is working properly.I got tons of logos , kits and pics and mine woks just fine.

As for weird behavior, i noticed that patch (when works) added yet another layer of ingame tactics micro-management and possibly tactics dependence on training.I had to tweak mine in more detail in order to work on 9.2.After that i am finding 9.2 actually much easier then 9.1, since i can't concede any goals (1 in 17 games with Newport Co in BSS)

Could be also that corrupted data causes that behavior also.

Some tactics that were relaying heavy on FB bug would not work at all anymore.

thanks for sharing this info :thup: really useful.

another thing i noticed is ball bouncing off players even more than before - i meen team mates hitting each other.

I just wish that people like you go play a crappy arcade footie manager like Fifa Manager and the likes and stop coming here and slagging people about the game. If you don't like it STOP PLAYING IT. Is that simple!!!

And to say that is the most bugged game you played in 20 years, it's really nonsense cause I can come up with at least 50 games with more bugs than this one....

I've had a similar problem in the match engine.

My players have suddenly become ********. They often kick the ball out for throws for no reason. If an opposition player is through on goal my chasing defenders will often slow down... they keep kicking the ball at eachother, which then bounces off...

It's bloody annoying.

I've had a similar problem in the match engine.

My players have suddenly become ********. They often kick the ball out for throws for no reason. If an opposition player is through on goal my chasing defenders will often slow down... they keep kicking the ball at eachother, which then bounces off...

It's bloody annoying.

Loved 9.1.0 then installed 9.2.0 and pretty much same as the guy has posted. I changed my tactics alot though and I seemed to be having some success though scoring is still not so good imo.

In the game below i ripped st mirren apart but can barely get a shot on target from great positions. 1 of goals was an own goal and the other a screamer. With that sort of domination on 9.1.0 would have probably won 4-5 nil which with the chances there was would have been realistic.

53b733fffa9b9ce6b76a2d4a5b24af70cf2c9133.png

rofl, if you would have played some proper games in those 20 years you would know how stupid your statement "the most bugged game I have ever played" is.

I have been playing PC games for 4 years (Other than CM that is) and I've come across LOADS of worse games, bugwise that is.

Exceptions apart this kind of games are supposed to be played for virtual years, not a shoot and forget like space invaders therefore I'm deeply against any kind of " let's start from scratch " statement. Are we supposed to restart a new game every patch release ? Are you serious ? I do not want to wipe every efforts out every patch, that's for sure.

Exceptions apart this kind of games are supposed to be played for virtual years, not a shoot and forget like space invaders therefore I'm deeply against any kind of " let's start from scratch " statement. Are we supposed to restart a new game every patch release ? Are you serious ? I do not want to wipe every efforts out every patch, that's for sure.

You don't need to start a new game unless you specifically require data changes, most other changes are fixed even in save games.

Archived