Average attendance ..

Are you having your stadium expanded at the moment?

No .. I asked but its a national bloody monument (built 1912 and Djurgarden is a national park) and the reply was a categorical no.

SE-stockholm-olympiastadion1.jpg

Which again bugged me because IRL they are looking at removing the running pitch and trippling the capacity.

When the other 'big' teams in the league have 45000 all seater stadiums, you'd think the local council would accept something needed to be ironed out to keep the club competative. Ho hum.

No .. I asked but its a national bloody monument (built 1912 and Djurgarden is a national park) and the reply was a categorical no.

SE-stockholm-olympiastadion1.jpg

Which again bugged me because IRL they are looking at removing the running pitch and trippling the capacity.

When the other 'big' teams in the league have 45000 all seater stadiums, you'd think the local council would accept something needed to be ironed out to keep the club competative. Ho hum.

IRL they're looking to remove them, but there's no fortune so far. Culturemarked and that crap. They're looking for places to build a brand new arena too.

Hmm the attendances in the entire allsvenskan league appear to be broken ..

Check this out:

swedenuv1.jpg

That doesn't really make any sense?

AIK have a 37000 all seater

Malmo have 24000

Hammarby 16000

Elfsborg have 16000 also ...

Yet the average attendences are all very close. With mine being higher than the actual number of seats and the big clubs drawing only 50% capacity in contrast to the minnows who are 75% full every game.

Weird!

The average attendences are higher because they play the derbies against the other teams from Stockholm (AIK and Hammarby) on the national stadium Råsunda which has a capacity of 34000.

Jirki88/Andy: Ahah! Yes. I checked the match info and it is indeed Rasunda.

Attendance at the last match was 36500 ..

Explains it.

Thanks. :)

Hmm the attendances in the entire allsvenskan league appear to be broken ..

Check this out:

swedenuv1.jpg

That doesn't really make any sense?

AIK have a 37000 all seater

Malmo have 24000

Hammarby 16000

Elfsborg have 16000 also ...

Yet the average attendences are all very close. With mine being higher than the actual number of seats and the big clubs drawing only 50% capacity in contrast to the minnows who are 75% full every game.

Weird!

No it's correct. Here's the real averege attendences for this season.

AIK 15 535

MAlmö 11 182

Hammarby 11 144

Helsingborg 10 497

Djurgården 10 168

Just because AIK has a stadium that can hold 36 000 that doesn't mean they sell it out every game. The smaller clubs in Sweden has smaller stadiums and that is why they more often sell out their stadiums.

THe full statistics can be found here (Swedish FA): http://www.svenskfotboll.se/t3allLi.aspx?p=287489&scr=spl&id=14999

This specific issue has been resolved by Andy, but I have noticed a curious feature. When I check in savegame editors I often see the database has maximum attendances set higher than stadium capacity. Wonder why.

From what I know, the maximum attendance is a number used to describe how many people a club could potentially attract to their games. So very roughly said, if you have a 5000 seat stadium with a maximum attendance of 5000, don't expect your board to give you a stadium expansion... However I've heard that this figure can change over time, maybe after a period of success, e.g. a BSP team made it all the way to Premier League and thus, not only does their average attendance increase but the amount of potential (max att) followers as well.

Archived