I cant believe I had to cheat.

Having played CM/FM for many years and I have always resisted the temptation to cheat via the rolling save but I have just done it.

Tbh I think this is the 1st time in my life were cheating seemed to be fair....

I am playing as QPR and having been promoted in my 1st year I am now in the premiership,I intend to give it a good go to stay up but rather than fight against the teams I am fighting against the code.

I lost my captain for 6 months through injury after just a couple of games,fair enough these things happen,then followed my best striker(3 months)then my best player and play maker(2-3 months).I have 8 1st team players injured atm which seems quite high but it does seem to be the average for the league,so I guess it is no different for me than any other team....but then this happened...

My main goalkeeper gets injured on the 17th November,19th November my back-up gets injured(both 2-3 months),I have a game on the 25th November and can only count on my young 16 year old and hope for the best,23rd November he gets injured for 3-4 weeks.

So now I have 11 players injured including my 3 goal keepers,sorry I got so mad I just closed the game and went back to an old save although I dont feel so great about it,I also dont feel so great why my team has been hit like an atom bomb.

I love the game and the new patch has added alot of great features just a shame they didnt take a slightly better look at the injuries.

I have to say Ive played a season and a half on the new patch and I haven't seen any more or less injuries than before hard. There are the cynical who will say its your tactics or your training and im sure these have an affect. Many people say there injuries come pre-season as well.

If your players are lacking match fitness there is more chance of them picking up a knock or an injury and I think this is possibly the cause for some people. The first player gets injured so they put a second one in who hasn't been playing as much and hey presto injury and then in snowballs down from there.

I think rotation or rafatation as we call it is the the answer. Keep your players fit and ready for games and they wont be so injury prone.

* Please note this isnt just aimed at you OP but anyone who is saying the patch is worse for injuries *

I honestly cant say if the injuries are worse than the previous patch,it could just be bad luck for me but I have played a whole season in which I got promoted and I still use the same tactics and training and it does seem I am getting a bit worse now.

Like I said it could be just bad luck but I think every player can relate to me getting upset that my 3 goalkeepers all get injured in 1 week.

I'm halfway through a season on 9.2.0 with Montrose - my captain picked up an injury during a game and was out for three weeks. That's been my only injury. Bear in mind that my squad are on part-time training and therefore aren't doing much physical work, I'm lead to believe that the OP's experience is almost certainly linked to too extensive training.

I'm halfway through a season on 9.2.0 with Montrose - my captain picked up an injury during a game and was out for three weeks. That's been my only injury. Bear in mind that my squad are on part-time training and therefore aren't doing much physical work, I'm lead to believe that the OP's experience is almost certainly linked to too extensive training.

My training is about set to medium I have had this training system for well over a season,also most of my players pick them up in games.

Look I aint whinning about the injuries as my 8 players(pre-goalkeeper nuke)was about average for the league.

In my time playing this team not 1 time yep not 1 time has any of my keepers had an injury but in 1 week all 3 keepers are out long term,doesnt that seem just a little strange to you or at the very least very unlucky?

Anyway a side note after I did cheat :( my main keeper still got injured but my back up didnt and I beat Reading 2-0 for my 1st win in 7 games to take me to 15th in the league,I feel bad that I did cheat but is hard to enjoy the game with no goalkeeper :)

most injures i've ever had a 1 time is 15. including 6 in 1 match. then i realised thta the training intensity was on high and that all of my players had fitness levels under 70. i changed it, downloaded the patch and now, in pre-season for the start of my second season i only have balotelli and huntelaar out injured. it honestly is your training and tactics it used to be that for me until i spent a good time perfecting everything as well as i could including hiring more staff such as physio's and coaches etc. in pre-season have your training intensity to medium then when the season srats change it to low.

My training is about set to medium I have had this training system for well over a season,also most of my players pick them up in games.

Look I aint whinning about the injuries as my 8 players(pre-goalkeeper nuke)was about average for the league.

In my time playing this team not 1 time yep not 1 time has any of my keepers had an injury but in 1 week all 3 keepers are out long term,doesnt that seem just a little strange to you or at the very least very unlucky?

Anyway a side note after I did cheat :( my main keeper still got injured but my back up didnt and I beat Reading 2-0 for my 1st win in 7 games to take me to 15th in the league,I feel bad that I did cheat but is hard to enjoy the game with no goalkeeper :)

3 keepers in a week is ridiculously bad luck, maybe you should just put it down as an anomaly... it could happen I suppose and I'm aware of the FA allowing clubs emergency loans in such situations. If it happens again that's the time to get posting in the bugs forum.

this game is ***** now, its good they tried to make it more realistic but if you tinker with something to much it gets ruined, much like this game, ive read endless tactic help forums and still cant enjoy the game, christ knows what football manager 2010's going to be like next year. The CM/FM series of games has been ruined, its just not fun anymore

It isnt my training,dear ohh dear,I never ever play a player unless he is at least at 90%,my training is set quite low at just above medium,I give my guys 6/7 pre-season games to get them into shape.

I find it even more strange that poster come on and show how badly they have done as an example,kopitelewis you play players when they are below 70%...what did you expect?

I am sorry but I never ever do this and again I am not whinning about the amount of injuries(although maybe it should still be looked at) but more the fact that all me goalkeepers got injured in 1 week!

It seems to be the easiest thing in the world to come on this forum without knowing anything about the player and say "yep its your tactics"

daylight i had 2 games in 3 days against chelsea and arsenal and i was second in the table if i won both those games i would go top on the final day. i did win the league but i had to play unfit players as i knew my other players would lose. i still managed to win both games though.

daylight i had 2 games in 3 days against chelsea and arsenal and i was second in the table if i won both those games i would go top on the final day. i did win the league but i had to play unfit players as i knew my other players would lose. i still managed to win both games though.

Then you're a very lucky person.

Weird behaviour, maybe it is a coincidence but after a great season in League 1 I was 4th then I installed the 9.2 ptach without changing anything in my style and suddenly , when only 6 matches remained to finish the season , I lost 6 consecutive matches and I misses the playoff chance ending 8th.

I didn't cheat, anyway the patch hit the game DNA, against the human, as usual.

Weird behaviour, maybe it is a coincidence but after a great season in League 1 I was 4th then I installed the 9.2 ptach without changing anything in my style and suddenly , when only 6 matches remained to finish the season , I lost 6 consecutive matches and I misses the playoff chance ending 8th.

I didn't cheat, anyway the patch hit the game DNA, against the human, as usual.

I've noticed a number of people saying that. I started a new game once installing the patch and used my old tactics and am having no problems. It would appear that the patch isn't particularly save game compatible.

I don't even carry a keeper as a sub into games being it's been maybe a 1 in 150 chance i'd have a keeper that needs to come off during a game.

As far as my 1st team players i make their own personal training schedules that fits them. I subtract their natural fitness from their age (usually a negative #) whatever that number is i push the training schedule to where it just tips heavy then i back off whatever the given sum would be. some younger players with 16+ natural fitness often stay heavy training.

Reguardless what training regime you use 3 goalies at once is very unlucky.

My local team and love Moss FK this year had to use 6 different goalies (2 in our squad, one previous goalkeeper who had retired, two loaned goalies and an outfielder) because of injuries. While this happend we also had about 5-6 injuries in our squad with a total of 23 players.

We had a shitty season... if/when that happends in FM however we say BUGS! :)

I've noticed a number of people saying that. I started a new game once installing the patch and used my old tactics and am having no problems. It would appear that the patch isn't particularly save game compatible.

I cannot comment on the experiences of others but as for myself, I resumed a saved game after patch installation and continued my winning form without having to make a single adjustment in tactics. So the patch is definitely save game compatible in my eyes.

On topic, that is really poor luck on the OP's part to have lost all his goalkeepers in a week. I have never experienced this on FM 09 yet, but I do distinctly remember this happening to me in a game played on FM 07. I am pretty sure there was not that widespread a chorus of criticism over injuries in FM 07 too, so if it were to happen to me again in FM 09, I would just take it that it was the game simulating horrid luck, rather than it being a bug.

Does not mean I will not be upset though. :) So definitely my commiserations to you, daylight!

It isnt my training,dear ohh dear,I never ever play a player unless he is at least at 90%,my training is set quite low at just above medium,I give my guys 6/7 pre-season games to get them into shape.

Interestingly, I set the workload intensity for most of my players' training schedules at the notch in between 'Heavy' and 'Very Heavy', and my experience with injuries has not been unpleasant thus far. I seem to be averaging maybe 3-4 injuries a month, most of which are small niggles that take a player out for 2-3 weeks. In the span of 1 game year, I have only had 1 major injury (leg break) and 2-3 medium injuries (2-3 months out) to my players.

I do apply micro-management to my training and give my players 1-3 days of rest depending on their condition after particularly exhausting matches. During matches, I also try to take off players whose conditions drop below 70-75%. And I impose a strict fitness policy on my team; only players with a stamina rating of 13-14 or more are allowed to be part of the squad. Those without are either transferred out with no mercy, or not given a glance while I am scouting for new blood to bring in.

The really sad issue is not the 6 consecutive lost games and the playoff missed chance ...the real bad issue is that the chairman is unwilling to renew the contract to me anymore so I'm gonna loose my virtual job. I will be forced to use an editor to extend the contract duration, I never cheat but I can't really accept to waste a great season made of sacrifices and great fights just because the patch forced me to loose 6 consecutive games when I have never lost more than two consecutive into the whole season with same men, same tactics an no big injuries. I have also built the team for future years with lot of transfers arranged and the patch 9.2 won't prevent me to give my team project a try. I spent lot of money to buy the game and the 9.2 board want to wipe them all out ? NO WAY SI, no way.

I really hope to fix the sack via editor and I really hope the next season everything will be reset to default.

Archived