Shocking Exploit to Get Great Players for Free

I stumbled across what seems an unbelievable exploit - maybe it is legit, but it's awful/brilliant [delete according to inclination].

I got myself a Brazilian feeder club with a clause that says 'players may move freely between [feeder] and [parent]. I took that to refer to loans, option to buy etc.

It turns out that you can just cherry-pick their best players for free, on full contracts. Just like that.

I realised this when I took 3 on loan, for which I (unnecessarily, in retrospect) paid a 40K fee for the right to buy at the sale price at the end (sale prices ranging from 4M to 10M).

Man Citeh inevitably showed up with a desire to buy the striker for 20M; I had a right to match the bid, but there was no way I could. I went to the transfer screen to see if I could offer some clauses, player swaps or anything, and there was the line telling me I could have him for free :eek: So I did.

I then went to the other loanees' screens and nabbed them on frees when the next transfer window opens, and then back to the feeder to pick off 3 more for free just to resell later on.

Okay, I will confess that I used an editor to get the feeder club with that deal, and I'd loaded the 'retain all players in Brazil' which dumps about 80 players in the first team squad!

Maybe some of you can check whether, without 'cheating' at all, you can get a feeder club with that option and just take every player you want for free.

HuwFlet - the free transfers are permanent.

Arkim - turns out you're right!

4457 - I didn't say 'bug', I said 'exploit'. I'm asking whether gamers who DON'T use an editor can get a feeder on these terms, and if they can, can they strip the feeder club bare off all their viable talent - to use or sell on? If so, it seems a huge and unfair advantage - i.e. 'exploit'. I'm sure it never happens in real life unless the feeder is an amatuer outfit.

It's not an exploit because you'll never get such a good club to agree to a deal like this in regular gameplay. You'll only get deals like this with clubs from small African countries for example, where you'll be lucky to get a good player a season from it. When done correctly it nicely evens out with the amount of annual money you have to pay to your affiliate.

It's a cheat, the way you've done it.

The only way it would be done in-game fairly would be if two clubs had the same chairman, surely then it would be fair to facilitate such movements between clubs freely, obviously there is few, if any, examples of say a premiership chairman owning a brazilian club as well.

Archived