What's with the playmaker stupidity ?

Playing with Boca, I set Riquelme as a playmaker. He plays like crap, getting ratings below 6. I take it off, he plays much better, but wait his profile description says PLAYMAKER, he's got 20's all over the place, creativity and passing included. Tried different tactics, different passing settings, same results... I don't get it.

Don't forget each club has a rating for how well they play with a playmaker, so if the club your playing with isn't very good at using one you wont get the most out of him.

Also a playmaker titled player doesn't need to be put in that role to play well. You can alter your tactics without it to see he gets a lot of the ball.

Also a playmaker titled player doesn't need to be put in that role to play well.

I agree, but why would he suck as a playmaker ? Even if the team was crap, even if the rest of the players play badly, he should still be playing well.

This does seem odd, indeed. I always thought that the potential usefulness of the role solely depended on your tactics and the player you have set to be your playmaker.

If it's already pre-set in the game, than that really is a shame. Let's hope we get some official answer on this as I'm very interested.

Each club has a rating for specific roles :

teamstat.jpg

That's a screenie of a random team, not Boca, just as an example. Boca is high for play maker btw, so must be tactic somehow.

I didn't know that thing acutally worked.

And what if the team i'm managing has a low rate for "Use of Playmaker", but i use a playmaker anyway, does that means the team's rating for "Use of Playmaker" will rise, or does it stay the same forever?

Maidel is right - those ratings are for AI managers/teams only.

My suggestion is this - Riquelme's description and attributes determine how HE likes to play. Ticking the box means you the manager are telling the rest of the players on the pitch how to play - i.e. pass the ball to him whenever possible. AI teams often suss this out and tight-mark the PM, rendering him ineffective (I've read this is why Riquie doesn't flourish in Europe and is only a superstar in S. America in real life). So with the box unticked, the players won't pass to him quite so much, but when they do he'll be in more space and therefore use his talents more effectively.

My suggestion is this - Riquelme's description and attributes determine how HE likes to play. Ticking the box means you the manager are telling the rest of the players on the pitch how to play - i.e. pass the ball to him whenever possible. AI teams often suss this out and tight-mark the PM, rendering him ineffective (I've read this is why Riquie doesn't flourish in Europe and is only a superstar in S. America in real life). So with the box unticked, the players won't pass to him quite so much, but when they do he'll be in more space and therefore use his talents more effectively.

interesting point, but then no one would ever be a good playmaker and yet there are players who can do it. He's got great skills and high PA/CA in the game, why can't he ?

Archived