Training Happiness Suggestion

Would be nice if on the Training | Players | Views drop-down, there was an option to show "Training Happiness". So you could see on one page who is happy with their training, and who needs their training lowered in intensity to make them happy. For those of us who are bothered with player training happiness, we have to check each player individually a couple of weeks after assigning to them a schedule, if they are unhappy they need assigning to a new schedule and so again after 2 more weeks you have to check once more to see if they are happy with the new one, etc. Bit too much like work, especially if you have a really big squad.

It also, in my opinion, prevents managers from experimenting more with training schedules (which can be fun), as they know they will be giving themselves even more work (not so fun) individually checking for training happiness if they design different schedules.

And yes, priority should be given to fixing bugs and perhaps more important things, but I don't reckon it would take a lot of tinkering to include this.

Your thoughts?

True. But if you use the reserve coach enquiry correctly, your players will never lack match fitness. :)

I'll tell you why I don't like it.

The screen the enquiry comes up on doesn't actually tell you who is lacking match fitness. To see that, you have to manually click on all your players. Or go to your first team squad screen and click on View | Fitness.

Furthermore, there seems to be no point to this, as you then do not have the option to pick and choose which of the available first team players you actually want to make available for the reserve match. The Action button only lets you allow them all:

"Set Unused First Team players as Available"

So my problem is I do not want match fit first team players taking up a spot in the reserve team which they do not need, and taking away from an interesting younger player's development.

Still, am I doing something wrong? Am I missing some point to this? You say if I use it correctly. Maybe I'm not, I don't know. All I know is I don't find it helpful for what I need.

However, if they added further options on that enquiry screen to make only unfit players available, and a drop-down to select which of the players you wish to send instead of all of them... and it also let you see their fitness on that screen, then that would be great. At present, it sucks for me.

All I meant was, the players you use are divided into two groups in the enquiry; 1st team and subs. Now you can select the players who arent being used as available for the next reserve match. 3rd choise from the top. You don't have to know their exact fitness rating, just if you are using them in the next match or not..

I absolutely do. I just don't see the problem.

You know what players you want to use for your next game, including seven subs (unless you are a scottish sub division team) and hopefully what players you want for the next one. So if the reserves game is a few days BEFORE your next game, just allow the unused players to play the next reserves game. Youth players stay in the U18 team and won't loose any gametime, while the unused first-team players goes on the bench\starting 11 on the reserve team. Easy peasy...

1st teamers doesn't HAVE to lack match fitness to play on the reserve team, and the players you do use will get the match practice they need in one or two matches.

I absolutely do. I just don't see the problem.

You know what players you want to use for your next game, including seven subs (unless you are a scottish sub division team) and hopefully what players you want for the next one. So if the reserves game is a few days BEFORE your next game, just allow the unused players to play the next reserves game. Youth players stay in the U18 team and won't loose any gametime, while the unused first-team players goes on the bench\starting 11 on the reserve team. Easy peasy...

1st teamers doesn't HAVE to lack match fitness to play on the reserve team, and the players you do use will get the match practice they need in one or two matches.

Thanks Ulrich. I know they don't have to. You've missed my point. I don't want any first team player NOT lacking match fitness to be chosen for the reserves. For reasons already explained.

I wasn't speaking about under 18 youth players either, but over 18's (still young players aren't they? lol) in the reserves who progress by playing matches in the reserves. And who I may not want to send on loan because they are being tutored, or I'd rather have them on my training schedules. :-)

Things as they are now, the Ass. Manager tells me there are six first team players who could be available for reserves, but I cannot pick two of them. I have to pick them all, or nothing, or go and make them available for reserves manually...

Not ideal, unless you happen not to be concerned with your reserves getting as many games as possible, instead of being left on the bench to make room for a first team player who doesn't even need to gain match fitness. Hope you understand. I understand that it's no problem for you, but for others it is.

Oh, sorry then. I misunderstood. BUT even if the "until match fit" button was there, you would still have to manually click on each player, wouldn't you? Which is pretty much the same as the individual function at the moment.

The way it worked on FM 2008 was... on your "default" squad screen you could see the physical condition of the players listed. If you saw any injured players or players below 89% physical condition (or whatever was considered to be not match fit), you right-clicked the player name and clicked send to reserves until match fit. A quick thing to do, and the bonus was you could then put it out of your mind, and the player would return to the first team when the Ass. Manager deemed him to be match fit, automatically.

So, now I have just gone to my squad screen in FM 2009, I right click a player and there is the option to "Make available for reserves". Sounds good so far, but wait lol, he will keep being available for the reserves until you DE-SELECT him. Which means you have to remember and cannot put it out of your mind.

I didn't have a problem with the method in FM 2008 at all, but now that there's this new method in FM 2009 which doesn't look like it's going away... it would be ideal to show the fitness condition of the available players on the same screen, and to be able to have the choice of WHOM to send to reserves instead of only all of them. Also a quick button option "make only unfit players available".

That option would not SUBSTITUTE the one you like, but would be an extra option.

That's a good idea for the wishlist, I guess. Giles want's everyone to be happy, so let him know and hope it comes back in the next patch\release. So far I don't have any problems with the way it is. Actually my team is less frustrated and lacking matchfitness less in 09 compared to 08, so I guess it's just a preference. What would be cool would be to set a schedual with which players should be on which teams at spesific times during the season imo, but it's not. We'll just have to live with it :)

Yeah, it works for some. Those whose preferences weren't taken into account also, will grumble. :-)

I think with the addition of a couple more options on that screen, everybody would be happy. I'll probably make a post in the wishlist in the near future once I've played FM 2009 a bit more.

Would be nice if on the Training | Players | Views drop-down, there was an option to show "Training Happiness". So you could see on one page who is happy with their training, and who needs their training lowered in intensity to make them happy. For those of us who are bothered with player training happiness?

:thup: to the OP.

I like this idea a lot.

It occurs to me that it might be worth building out a "Training Overview" squad view, e.g., like the normal squad view(s), including current position, current training schedule, current training "heaviness" - (overall, or in each sub-category?) - current training happiness, new position being learned, new PPM being learned, and whether the player is learning from a tutor. Possibly also age, current ability, and potential ability (stars) so we could see that as well.

The other thing I'd like to see (in training feedback) is an efficient way to see the training progress over time of my players, to compare and contrast. I find myself scrolling through each player individually once a month to check their training assignment and happiness (which we would now get "at a glance" with the screen described above), but then also shifting over to the "training progress" graph, and cycling through each group of attributes to see progress over time.

This winds up taking a long time; there ought to be a way of indicating, at very least, who is progressing, who isn't, and what areas they are improving in.

Archived