Scouting - Knowledge?

Righto, so what I actually wonder is exactly how much those bars affect things. I know they let you see the attributes of more players from those nations, but do they for example increase the chance of a regen appearing at your club from those nations?

I don't know actually (so why post? :p)

But I always max out my allowed scouts at the club with scouts from all over the world to get knowledge from those areas. They don't need to be good scouts, as long as they have a bundle of knowledge. I'm not even done with my first season yet, so I can't check if the intake is affected by this (didn't pay attention to it in 08), but it'll definately be interesting to see.

Nope, not any more.

If you have a look accross the board you'll see some people have done experiments in newgen nationalities and to quote one post:

I started a new game with a large database, 3 full detail playable leagues: top divisions in England, Romania and Spain

after a season when the new youths came in the game here are the numbers:

romania based 307 players totally generated - just 1 portuguese nationality the rest romanian

england 300 players generated - 1 scottish, 1 ghana, 1 n. ireland, 2 nigeria and 11 wales, the rest english

spain 159 - 1 argentina, 1 puerto rico and the rest spanish

Seeing how even if you have full knowledge of a country via staff nationality you have to scout it every year to catch newgens, there is literally no use for the bars anymore in FM09.

Nope, apparently not. If you consider how many full bars of how many different nationalities there must have been between the forty English premiership and Spanish la ligua teams alone, to only have five non-nationals rengerated out of almost five hundred players it doesn't look like it :(

I'm going to start a game with several leagues loaded, save before regen day and with reloading see how many of what nationality a team get over fifty odd attempts and how it relates (if at all) to the human player nationality, the club knowledge, feeder clubs, etc... I'll put the findings in this thread :)

I think I actually gonna get as many scouts/coaches with different knowledge as possible, and then see whether my regens will have any other nationality than swedish... :)

That would be a good idea. Use the database editor to add scouts (or youth team coaches? Maybe on a second experiment?) from loads of different nationalities, and see what happens.

That would be a good idea. Use the database editor to add scouts (or youth team coaches? Maybe on a second experiment?) from loads of different nationalities, and see what happens.

My club already have full knowledge on 34 nations, still looking for more coaches to add up on that amount. ;)

So having a full bar for China, USA or Brazil in your club in Europe wouldn't increase the chance of a regen of that nationality in your youth team?

I don't think it has made any difference ever.

Your own nationality does, however, seem to have some effect - a few seasons ago, I got my first Saint Lucian regen.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't make a difference as I have scouting knowledge for 82 countries in full...

I don't think it has made any difference ever.

Your own nationality does, however, seem to have some effect - a few seasons ago, I got my first Saint Lucian regen.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't make a difference as I have scouting knowledge for 82 countries in full...

You're sure it doesn't play in when a coach/scout have been in the club for a certain amount of seasons? As it would take time before you get regens of your own nationality, wouldn't it be logical if the same applied on other coaches in your staff?

Over ten reloads I had 97 players promoted at Man Utd in my test game. I set my manager's nationality as Columbian. Aside from this we had full knowledge of Brazil, Wales, Spain, Scotland, Rep Ireland, Norway, N. Ireland, Holland, France, England, Belgium and Nigeria.

I had one Irish player, one English with South African as 2nd nationality, one English and Saint Lucian, one Brazilian with English as 2nd nationality.

I don't think the length of time the club's had the knowledge has any effect on the youth players, seeing how I was adding myself as a Sunday league experienced manager the day before regen day and there were players coming through with me on their fav staff list :S On another weird note, once I noticed a dutch grey player in my youth team.

Archived