Player X set to stay following his recent arrival

Good morning all

If you buy a player say in August, and you want to sell him in the winter market because he wasn't the player you needed and you need to offload wages I always get this message: Player X set to stay following his recent arrival. Even if I offer him for 0 and being transfer listed and not needed by the club I don't get any offer. And I'm talking about a good player in Division 2 (England). So the question is How many months / days have to go by to not get this message and get lot of offers?

It's very annoying mate, especially for the first few seasons in Italy.

Getting left with a rubbish player via the co-ownership route and getting that message because he's technically arrived at your club recently, even though he's been there for a couple of years.

I don't know if you'll ever get rid of a player who 'has recently arrived', but I've still to experience it.

SI needs to change this; it doesn't help and it's not realistic. .

Why? Do you think each player, who didn't played much will agree to move on in about 6 months time to a other club for less wages (since he didn't play much, teams, it there are any, intresseted in this player will be likely of lesser reputation and therefore they will/can offer him less money.

Aslo maybe the player want's to prove him self and fight for a spot in the team.

Normally after one year you can easlily sell them

Well, I see as unrealistic that you buy a player on Monday, offer him on Tuesday and sell him on Wednesday.

But it's not unrealistic to buy a player in June and sell him in January. If the player in question has been playing well (and has a good rating) and you offer him to another clubs I reckon you should get offers from clubs in leagues above yours, even if he wants to prove himself and fight for a spot in the team as Micado says. I'd find weird that player does not want to play in a better league (he must have 20 in Loyalty)

Well, I see as unrealistic that you buy a player on Monday, offer him on Tuesday and sell him on Wednesday.

But it's not unrealistic to buy a player in June and sell him in January. If the player in question has been playing well (and has a good rating) and you offer him to another clubs I reckon you should get offers from clubs in leagues above yours, even if he wants to prove himself and fight for a spot in the team as Micado says. I'd find weird that player does not want to play in a better league (he must have 20 in Loyalty)

It is indead weird when you offer him to higher rated teams who play in better leagues.

But buying in June and selling in January, many player who face this will have to take a wage but in that case, and if they are playing on a regular basis, why on earth they want to move them.

I don't offer him to higher rated teams that play in better leagues, I just click on offer to clubs and if he is one of the best players of the league common sense says that I will get offers from teams in better leagues like real life or like all CM/FM that I have played.

About wage and regular basis, I agree. But it has been like that in all CM/FM series: You are playing in Division 2 (say England) and you have a very good player on 1500 wage and first team / indispensable contract --> you sell him to a team from Division 1 or Championship and he gets 2000 wage and first team contract.

But this year it's not the case, you have a player who is capable (by far) to play in a better league (I'm talking about ratings, stats, value, etc) and you cannot sell him till he has played at least one year in your club....

As I said, along CM/FM series if you offered your star player (division 2) you got lot of offers from championship league teams (very good offers). I'm not saying this is not the case in FM09, just you need to have this player for a certain period of time.

And that is what I asking, if someone knows that period of time

Why? Do you think each player, who didn't played much will agree to move on in about 6 months time to a other club for less wages (since he didn't play much, teams, it there are any, intresseted in this player will be likely of lesser reputation and therefore they will/can offer him less money.

Aslo maybe the player want's to prove him self and fight for a spot in the team.

Normally after one year you can easlily sell them

Happend between Ajax and PSV with Perez, went from Ajax to PSV in August and back again in January, and yes on a transfer.

No, the issue here isn't with players not wanting to leave so soon after being signed, nor with clubs not wanting to sell players soon after they've bought them, it's that the clubs you offer the player to- for some reason- will simply refuse to bid for them if they've joined their current club within a year. Maybe this is because they anticipate the player won't want to move, but if they're unhappy/transfer listed, surely they would...

Sort it out SI!

Theres also a lot of rumors about Robbie Keane doing the same as your suggesting, however, it is a bit unusual so I'm not surprised it's not really allowed in FM. I suspect its to stop people cheating by signing players on free transfers then immediately selling them on to generate money, in which case its good they included it.

However I am really against the loaning of new players as theres nothing wrong or unusual with getting in a young 17/18 year old and sending them out on loan almost immediately to get experienced, its something thats allowed in the game to get work permits, so should be fine for all loans in my opinion.

Well greenplastic, there is (was) a way to "cheat" based on signing free players and selling them the following day. So you increase your cash in an unrealistic way because in real life that should not happen. I can undertand SI blocked that type of transfers.

However, the point I'm trying to explain is other. If you manage (because you were quick, for example) to sign a very good player in the summer transfer and he perfoms very well, you should be able to transfer him at the winter market. That should happen in real life. I'm not talking about signing a player in the summer market, he does not play a game in 3 months and you sell him for a lot of money. This is not my issue.

In this version (FM 09) it has to be a code in the game that does not allow you to sell a player if he doesn't reach a certain amount of time in your team. At least that is the way I think and I wanted to share my opinion with FM 09 gamers (players) to know if I'm right or wrong.

And, if I'm right I would like to know if someone has managed to sell a player who has played in your team less than a year.

Thanks in advance

Archived