Petition against Steam (Please sign)

This is a petition against SI's partnership with Steam. Sure it's a great game but the chaos that occued with steam at the start proved it's incompetance also it makes my computer slower.

In the following petition we agree to:

1) Dissolve all contacts with steam.

2) Never form any relationships like this again with any other downpoad program.

3) Sned an apology to people who have had problems that occured with Steam.

I say all tis for your benefit SI as I know many people who refuse to buy the next version of Football Manager, because of you ties with Steam.

Please sign for the greater good of the glorious game series Football Manager.

This is a petition against SI's partnership with Steam. Sure it's a great game but the chaos that occued with steam at the start proved it's incompetance also it makes my computer slower.

In the following petition we agree to:

1) Dissolve all contacts with steam.

2) Never form any relationships like this again with any other downpoad program.

3) Sned an apology to people who have had problems that occured with Steam.

I say all tis for your benefit SI as I know many people who refuse to buy the next version of Football Manager, because of you ties with Steam.

Please sign for the greater good of the glorious game series Football Manager.

Some people really like Steam though (I'm not one of them fwiw), and if you don't like Steam, well you're not forced to use them. And I think your three points are all quite unrealistic. Especially the second one.

Nothing wrong with Steam , its the users who dont understand how it works that are the problem like the OP here.

Oh look it autopatched my game meaning I didnt need to come here and find a link for a patch.

IMO it should be the other way around with Steam being mandatory then SI can fix stuff on the fly as the errors are found without having to roll it all into one big patch and wait weeks for fixes.

People will refuse to buy the game because of an external client with no relation to the game developers, which isn't mandatory to use and which has no ill effects? (Considering the "chaos" was universal and in fact was worse with UniLoc than with Steam...)

Well, I guess there are a lot of irrational people...

IMO it should be the other way around with Steam being mandatory then SI can fix stuff on the fly as the errors are found without having to roll it all into one big patch and wait weeks for fixes.

God let's hope not!

fix on the fly = no test time = potential to introduce more errors than you fix

let's stick to patches that have gone through a proper testing cycle please.

Personally I think Steam sucks which is why (as others have said earlier) I got rid of it and installed FM without it. No problem having it as an option, but to go exclusively either way would be a mistake.

not going to be signing this......

i was sceptical about steam as-well but so far i have found it very unobtrusive to point the where ive atually forgotten that i even installed at one point, activation was a breeze and the game updated to the new patch in 4 minutes.

the only problem i do have is the price, but i was willing to pay that cause im fully expecting to wait for fm11 and not fm10(not because i dont 09 i just wanna leave i couple of years cause no doubt the difference between 09 and 11 will be more than between 09 and 10) so the fact that i dont have to worry about losing the disk is great

Archived