Wake up SI

Thats enough.

Im 37, played the whole CM/FM series since I was a teen or so.

But I had enough.

Ive always picked the same 2nd league team, and always had fun improving my squad and being part of the world football thru cups and so.

But now on FM09 its 2014 and I cant even sign a decent player, Im forced to play with youngsters who ask to leave after 2 seasons cause they want to move to a bigger club.

Ive been promoted by 2010 and always finished top half since then.

But theres no way I cant sign decent players! And of course... my season tickets drop every year, sure... my fans like it better to play on 2nd division right?

Media prediction always think Im gonna struggle but later on Im the overachiever, even got into some cups but... season ends, one new season starts and Im again the underdog team.

Ahh... and dont forget about Im always called "newly promoted" even after 5 seasons since my last promotion...

I had the same damn problems on 07 and 08, posted them all here on the forums, but SI just sit sleep and sell me this game as a new one??

No way...

I used to love SI games, but now Im really ****ed with theirs last years products, including FM Live aka "the most boring game online".

Time to get out of the garage and offer pro content if you guys wanna stay up to date.

Thats enough.

Im 37, played the whole CM/FM series since I was a teen or so.

But I had enough.

Ive always picked the same 2nd league team, and always had fun improving my squad and being part of the world football thru cups and so.

But now on FM09 its 2014 and I cant even sign a decent player, Im forced to play with youngsters who ask to leave after 2 seasons cause they want to move to a bigger club.

Ive been promoted by 2010 and always finished top half since then.

But theres no way I cant sign decent players! And of course... my season tickets drop every year, sure... my fans like it better to play on 2nd division right?

Media prediction always think Im gonna struggle but later on Im the overachiever, even got into some cups but... season ends, one new season starts and Im again the underdog team.

Ahh... and dont forget about Im always called "newly promoted" even after 5 seasons since my last promotion...

I had the same damn problems on 07 and 08, posted them all here on the forums, but SI just sit sleep and sell me this game as a new one??

No way...

I used to love SI games, but now Im really ****ed with theirs last years products, including FM Live aka "the most boring game online".

Time to get out of the garage and offer pro content if you guys wanna stay up to date.

Man, you are 37 and you act like a 13 years old? It's time you get a life...

Sorry you feel that way Caesarius. Football is always going to be subjective, so it's difficult to make an assessment on your career game without looking at various save games throughout to establish whether there really is any particular issue.

I'm not sure which team you are choosing to play as, but keep in mind that some parts of the country are less attractive than others and can also mean it's more difficult to attract big name players as happens in real life really.

Yet another moaner who comes onto the forums on a rant about how FM09 sucks. Instead of being constructive its just another useless rant. Ohaio knows what hes talking about.

Maybe you didn't read this -

"I had the same damn problems on 07 and 08, posted them all here on the forums,"

or this -

"my season tickets drop every year"

or this -

"and dont forget about Im always called "newly promoted" even after 5 seasons since my last promotion..."

Maybe he's actually been more constructive than you have been here on the forums.

Maybe he's disappointed that nothing he constructively criticized has been addressed and is making his feelings known.

I know I have been, last year around this time I pointed out a bug to do with the under 18 detail level. Each time you loaded your save, you'd have to manually set it to "All" again, otherwise your scout would never report on the under 18's league even if you had one set to it.

First edition of FM 2009 comes out, and the bug was still there. Point it out yet again.....

Thankfully it was fixed in time for the first patch. But if people hadn't bothered complaining, it would probably still be there, along with many other things, and FM 2009 wouldn't be half as good as you reckon it is.

He's ranting about the game, you're ranting about him, I'm ranting about you.

Ranters, moaners, the lot of us. Don't think you're any better. LOL.

Thanks Gaffo for your understanding, and sorry all about being harsh.

But as you all can see I havent just signed to blame on the forums, in fact I used to have and older username which I lost cause of mail/passwords but thats not the point.

Also my english is very limited so I may be forced to some strict sentences.

Anyway, Ive already spent time to discuss/report this issues over the last years and Im not going to do that again. (tried to cut/paste but old posts are vanished from forums history).

Neil, Ive picked a 2nd league division team from Argentina, as usual.

I know leagues reputations doesnt change, but it looks (like on 08 and 07) team reputation, media prediction, newly promoted, season tickets, etc NEVER IMPROVES!

Ive posted it all looong ago, included some pics where my team was like 3-4th on world richest clubs cause I used to sell 4-5 youngsters per year at 15kk each, but still was unable to sign a local serious player (not even mean a world star) cause my super champion team is being still touted as newly promoted.

I insist, super champion cause Ive won everything I was able to get into as a SAM team, even inter-continental against europe champions...

So lets cut the chit-chat, if you sill dont realize theres an issue here and expect me to explain it from zero year after year, well... wake up SI !

I love to stick the boot into SI as most of the time they deserve it but not for reputation not improving.

I managed to take AFC Wimbledon from Conference South to EPL in 9-10 seasons on FM08. Granted reputation improved very slowly and I couldnt even sign reserves from the same league but im AFC Wimbledon, i might be a flash in the pan. However I spent 5 seasons in the Championship whereby the end of it I had the reputation of a good Championship team. In the EPL first couple of seasons I struggled to sign players as my rep was poor which was fair, im a team whos just promoted and has never played this high before, but eventually my rep improved. After 18 or so seasons I was sonsidered one of the best team in the world rep wise and performance wise, that did take 2 cl wins and 3 epl wins to happen though.

...I dobut 09s different

I wonder who at SI collates all the information found on this forum. There really is so, so much stuff to go through. I've noticed my Match Speed Slider still starts at either minimum or maximum, never remembers where I use it (always mid-way) which bugs the hell out of me. I've mentioned this a few times since FM came out (could very well just be me with this problem but would it be hardware related? hmm).

Quite a few things need looking at but I just dont think they have enough people (that'd be my first guess anyway) which means it might actually get worse before it gets better... I can understand your frustrations Caesarius - when things dont go wrong its hard to forgive the games many failings (and lets be honest, its got more than its fair share). However, is it not worth hanging on in there and signing off with FM2010? It just sounds like a better year to finish on :)

Greg0r - wouldnt you think almost any team winning promotion into the Prem would be able to sign some decent players though? You're in the premiership, there is no shortage of players wanting to play there. It'd be more realistic if they asked for one year contracts or, if multi-year, with very low exit clauses for relegation. If I took, lets say Colchester, into the Prem, I'd expect to be able to sign a few good players. They might be obscure, I might not be able to afford them, they might demand contracts to suit them but I should be able to attract them...

Are you still called "newly promoted" year after year?

Do your season tickets drop?

Your board expects you to enjoy premiere experience even if you made it 6th last year?

And so on... glad you improved your clubs rep over 14 seasons, I´ll be happy if the game just realizes Im not newly promoted by 2148

Archived