Allowing players leave of absence due to problems settling

...How?

In FM08 a new option appeared in the standard player interaction menu.

But the media have been asking me CONSTANTLY for a full year whether I will allow Othon time off to get his head straight. I always say yes. I STILL haven't found an option to do it.

Has it been moved? Or is it just not coming up for me for whatever reason?

Either way, the constant media questions about it are really doing my head in...

Even if it is OCCASSIONALLY available, if it isn't there when the player and press are all begging to let him have some leave, then that's a serious oversight. I have a couple of homesick youngsters too (Italian, playing in England). I'd like to send them on loan to an Italian club but neither the option that is the subject of the thread nor Italian clubs offering to loan them is available.

It's not about resting them it's about homesickness. Another player just became homesick and immediately I did have the option in the bottom menu and was able to send him home. I think for Othon, for whatever reason the option was never generated in the first place therefore it never will appear.

im only playing fm 2006 but the option is down in the section where you offer a new contract/set transfer status/move squads/reconsider retirement etc. my 2nd best keeper keeps getting homesick he is now on his 2nd month off on holiday, hes the only player i have ever had who has become homesick as well and im into the 4th season.

The option has been there on previous games but is no longer there on FM09. I have Nabil Baha at QPR (bought from Malaga) and want to send him home for a week to give him a chance to settle but the option is not there, despite the media saying he needs a break. Clearly a problem with the game.

Archived