How do I transfer 'patch' to my laptop ?

I play FM on my laptop, but I can't currently get onto the internet with my laptop to download the new patch. However, I can do so with my home computer, but long term I'm going to want to be able to play on my laptop.

How do I transfer the patch, and/or a saved game, from one computer to the other ?

I downloaded the patch onto my home computer, stuck a floppy disk in, but was told that the disk wasn't capable of saving the patch due to it's size. I tried the same thing with an old saved game from an old FM, but again was told that the disk wasn't capable of storing it.

I'll put my hands up right now and say that I am awful with even the most basic IT stuff ! The disk I tried to use was 1.44MB. Is that a pretty standard size ? Too small ? Can you get bigger than that, that would make it possible to store and transfer either the patch or a saved game ?

I just don't want to start a game on my home computer unless I know that I'll be able to transfer it to my laptop at some point in the future.

Any help much appreciated.

yes laptops for gays have usb so straight ones should :)

?

GersFan, floppy disks are far too small to handle information nowadays. To put it into perspective, a floppy handles 1.44MB of information. The patch is 219MB. If it were even possible to split the patch into parts, you would need 153 floppy disks just for the patch!

To transfer information between computers, the easiest way is to pick up a USB flash drive as suggested above. A 1GB one would be a good size (hundreds of times larger than a floppy!). It'll only set you back £10 or so.

Archived