What goes around comes around?

Is their some weird thing where if you sell a player to a club, and when you play that club they become superhuman?. In my United save I sold Fletcher to City, I then played them in the league cup semi-final where I was winning 2-1 in extra time with 15 minutes to go. Then Fletcher scored 2 in 4 minutes and knocked me out. In my latest game with Aston Villa I sold Petrov to Middlesbrough, again thinking nothing of it as he's nothing special. He then goes on to score the last 2 goals in a 3-1 victory for the Boro. Insane is this added into the game where players you have sold hold a grudge which releases a ability to become the best player in the world.

Is it just me or is this happening to you also?

**Discuss**

Is their some weird thing where if you sell a player to a club, and when you play that club they become superhuman?

Yeah I think that there is. Not seen it in '09 yet. Though saw it a lot in '08 I would always have to comment on them no matter what I said in the media they were awsome it was always the ones that were rubbish too.

How's this for a theory?

Sale of a player who doesn't want to be sold, winds up with him adding you and the club as "disliked" personnel / teams.

Later, when he comes up against your team, he has extra motivation thanks to disliking you and your club.

I've had my players do the same thing against there old clubs, it happens in football.

Many years ago Dennis Law scored for Man City against Man United to relegate them, probably our best ever striker.

Archived